Community post

Journal

HSG

View Full Post

So I had my private HSG test today. I had one performed about 3 1/2 years ago and I remember it just feeling uncomfortable. Well it was the same today. The first part of the test is like a cervical smear and I did squirm quite a bit as she moved the speculum and the internal vaginal rod but then I eased into it. It was like a dull ache as the dye was injected through and then nothing.

The gynae doc said the dye went in and flowed out so that is a good sign. I have a lot of bloody ewcm and expect that for a few days. I have a prescription for some antibiotics to take today too.

What I didn't know was she was going to prescribe me an injection of (Gonasi) to do on the day of my surge or on day 15 if it doesn't come by then, plus Progesterone gel. She said I had a good follicle and this was an excellent chance this month! She said to have sex from tomorrow and 3 days in a row when I get my surge plus lots more sex on our holiday which we go on day 15.

I think I'll probably get a peak tomorrow or Thursday.

Eeek! Let's see what happens next! 12DPO will be a few days before we get back so I'll pack some tests. She said if it's negative I have to stop the gel otherwise my period won't start. And if it it's positive to come back and get a blood test from her. What I'm confused about is my cycle is usually a few days longer than 12 so should I still stop the gel if it's negative? Surely I shouldn't test until 14DPO to make sure???

I've never done any of this before so nervous and excited!

xx

User image

71 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by informative)

11 - 20 of 71 Comments | Last Page

When I did an Iui with trigger I was still getting very faint positives from the trigger. If you do, if it's a BFP it will get darker. If its not, of course it will just fade.

Mill

4 years ago

@millbarnet thank you! I'm hoping once I'm on holiday I'll just relax and totally forget what day in my cycle I am :-) xx

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

I tested the trigger the day after i took it and the line was pretty light. Unless you test the trigger down to 0 you will just have to take a few HPT over a couple of days to see if they are darker (like millbarnett said). My LP is usually 16 days and my RE told me to test on 14 DPO. I think they are pretty confident trigger would be gone by 14 DPO (i read somewhere it can stick around until 10 DPO, but don't know how reliable that is). Knowing that i have progesterone in my system i won't be symptom spotting which honestly is kind of a relief so i'm hoping i can just sit back and relax for 2 weeks and try not to worry about it until test day.

4 years ago

Also Scuba your CM should be egg-white or watery (although sometimes the fertility meds mess with that) and the position should be high, soft and open. I have gotten pretty good at checking my CP. Usually O day and the day after its all very soft in there (sorry TMI) and wet with a lot of ewcm. I can barely find my cervix on those days because its very high. I don't get any spotting with O typically. The day after O i have watery CM and then it goes to creamy/sticky O+2. I'm using progesterone suppositories twice a day now so i'm not checking anything at the moment.

4 years ago

Ooooooh! Enjoy the BDing. This all sounds so promising! Sending lots of baby dust!

4 years ago

Testing out my trigger shot. 8 days post trigger. 2 more days and it should be zero. xx

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

This was my trigger shot the day after I took it as a comparison. Obviously a lot darker xx

user submitted image

User image

Faint positive today so trigger almost out of my system. 9dpt, 8DPO. xx

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Couldn't even get a pic of the vvvvf line today. 9dpo 10dpt. So I guess if I'm pregnant I should start to see something from tomorrow onwards. Official test date is Thursday set by my consultant but I'll start from tomorrow on cheapies xx

User image

Stark white test this morning. Approx 10DPO 11dpt. Losing hope :-(

user submitted image

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo