Community post

Journal

HSG

So I had my private HSG test today. I had one performed about 3 1/2 years ago and I remember it just feeling uncomfortable. Well it was the same today. The first part of the test is like a cervical smear and I did squirm quite a bit as she moved the speculum and the internal vaginal rod but then I eased into it. It was like a dull ache as the dye was injected through and then nothing.

The gynae doc said the dye went in and flowed out so that is a good sign. I have a lot of bloody ewcm and expect that for a few days. I have a prescription for some antibiotics to take today too.

What I didn't know was she was going to prescribe me an injection of (Gonasi) to do on the day of my surge or on day 15 if it doesn't come by then, plus Progesterone gel. She said I had a good follicle and this was an excellent chance this month! She said to have sex from tomorrow and 3 days in a row when I get my surge plus lots more sex on our holiday which we go on day 15.

I think I'll probably get a peak tomorrow or Thursday.

Eeek! Let's see what happens next! 12DPO will be a few days before we get back so I'll pack some tests. She said if it's negative I have to stop the gel otherwise my period won't start. And if it it's positive to come back and get a blood test from her. What I'm confused about is my cycle is usually a few days longer than 12 so should I still stop the gel if it's negative? Surely I shouldn't test until 14DPO to make sure???

I've never done any of this before so nervous and excited!

xx

User image

71 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

1 - 10 of 71 Comments | Last Page

I would at least use the gel until 13 dpo. If you don't have a positive by then, it probably wont be a positive. They probably want you to stop it a few days before so the progesterone can fall and your period will start on time and not be off? Not sure? But hopefully this will be your month!

Mill

4 years ago

Thank you xx I'm looking up how to administer the injection on YouTube xx

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Wow! It sounds like a very promising cycle you have ahead of you! I surely can’t wait to learn the outcome. Thank you for sharing your hsg test story...It definitely helps others that are ultimately going that direction I wish you all the best this month and I’ll be praying for that to come your way within the next couple of weeks or so. Try and have a relaxing holiday and enjoy

4 years ago

Scuba -- i'm taking progesterone too and i've decided not to worry about when to stop the progesterone because i'm GOING to get a BFP and i'm going to need to take it through 12 weeks and SO WILL YOU!!! Be positive my friend!

4 years ago

@Jenn thank you! Looking forward to having a lovely break!
@lissa thank you! Yay! Cycle buddies! I'm going to do another opk tonight hopefully get a really strong positive. And hopefully I'll get a peak reading on clear blue monitor tomorrow.
xx

User image

@scuba the trigger will render your OPK useless, so take your OPK before you trigger.

4 years ago • Edited

CD13 am Definitely positive plus a Peak on Clear Blue monitor. So I took the trigger shot this morning And off we go! xx

user submitted image

User image

@lissa decided the positive yesterday was questionable and very close, and thought better to wait for my Clear Blue to say Peak before doing the trigger just in case. Plus when I tested again last night it was marginally less dark than the afternoon test. xx

User image

Awesome! Get busy with DH over the next 24-36 hours! It's best to have some swimmers waiting for the egg to drop so don't delay! Also you'll have to manually input your O day in FF because your temps are not going to behave post trigger. FF actually has a little article on this if you search "trigger" on their site. Anyway, i ended up putting the day after the trigger as my O day based on CM and position, but keep in mind it might be the second day instead of the day after. I don't ever get O pain so it's kind of a guessing game for me! Good luck!!!

4 years ago

Ah OK. We are planning on the next 3 days in a row! I've definitely got O pain right now! Plus pink ewcm which is annoying as having to wear a pad.
What should my cm position be? High? Are you going to test prior to day 12? Worried about getting a false positive with the trigger.... xx

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo