Community post

Question

Irregular cycles

Hey everyone! My husband and I are on month 4 of trying for our 3rd and my 5th. We are 36 so a little older. Anyways, I have a very irregular af so far in charting, I have ovulation strips which since starting them have shown me I ovulate 4 days after the apps predicted so until last cycle we missed every one. We made up for it last cycle lol but no luck. Any advice for trying to track my ovulation some without all the early testing would be so amazing. Also if anyone has an app that was most or least accurate for tracking their irregular cycles that would help tons too!

2 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

Hey there! I use fertility friend and this site to track my BBT and cycles. I find that this site and FF are usually in sync with each other. The best way to track your cycle is to chart your temperature and get to know your patterns. If your cycle is really irregular you might want to get a big cheap pack of OPKs and use them every day twice a day starting about a week after your next AF is over to try to pin point ovulation. I also use cervical mucus and cervical position as secondary signs which are very accurate for me, but don't work for everyone. There are some fancier monitors you could try (there's even a bracelet you can wear) but i think those don't work very well for those of us with irregular cycles. If your cycle is irregular i also suggest taking Vitex and myo-inositol to try to regulate your hormones. Maybe get some testing done to figure our why your cycles are irregular? I've been able to get mine to be pretty regular using Vitex, myo-inositol, metformin, and following a strict low carb diet (i have mild PCOS). Good luck and hope you get your BFP soon!!

4 years ago

I do have a big pack of ovulation strips I got off Amazon which is how I found out I ovulate later than my apps said. I do kind of track my cervical mucus by watching my underwear and checking my tp. I have always had an unpredictable af so the irregular cycles are not really so bad, only an issue when I am trying to monitor to get pregnant lol I will definitely look into that vitex and myo-inositol

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo