Community post

Journal

Update

View Full Post

I've needed to take some time out for my sanity. AF showed again this month despite trying and hitting the right window.

I finally saw the gynae this week after all test results came back. She has advised that the only chance of another baby is through ivf which we cannot afford. So we are going to just keep trying naturally and hopefully it will happen on its own. She also recommended the hsg dye test just to confirm the tubes are clear since I had an ectopic before my daughter. Then we'll know for definite if there's even a remote chance of conceiving naturally. After this next cycle I won't be tracking any more. xx

User image

16 Comments • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 16 of 16 Comments

I was just reading an article that talks about an article that says that a recent study that shows low egg reserves is not linked to infertility and the women with low egg count are « no less likely to conceive within six to 12 months of attempts than women whose lab tests didn’t point to a limited egg supply ». It’s an article in Reuters if you want to look it up. I think it is definitely worth doing your own research and not taking whatever one doctor said for granted

4 years ago

@agatch that's very interesting! Thank you!
@millbarnet she said if I went the clomid route it's about £1k per month and I would have to commit to 3 cycles. Which is close to the price of 1 round of ivf
xx

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Crap... it's like $20 here in the states. I know women have bought clomid online from overseas? I know I did once :-/

Mill

4 years ago

Well I read that too which is why I was really surprised when she told me the price!! Apparently it's something I take everyday plus a scan, blood tests very frequently etc etc. hence the cost xx

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

The cost of the medication is low. They get you with the scans and blood work. This cycle was my first medicated cycle. I had to have two scans because on CD11 my follicles were too small and lining too thin. Each scan/blood appointment was about $500, i took letrozole (instead of clomid) which was around $20, the ovidrel shot was $70 and the progesterone suppositories were $69. Paying for it all out of pocket. This cycle was almost as much as an IUI round which ranges from $1500 - $1800 (i've been shopping around...).

I also wanted to chime in about your AMH. Maybe the units are different or something...but every doctor i've seen says anything over 1.0 is considered "good" and you should only "need" IVF (or donor eggs) if you're less than 1.0. Mine was 3.5 at 41 years old which the doctors told me is an excellent number for my age. Anything over 4.0 is an indicator of PCOS. Regardless i think measuring AMH is subjective and also controversial, so i don't think you should use that one value to determine the most appropriate treatment plan. Just my opinion, for what it's worth! Good luck with your HSG!

4 years ago

@ lisa I guess I was lucky. My Dr. Just gave me an rx for clomid. No scans or bloodwork, just an rx. Maybe there is a Dr. In your area that would do that?

Mill

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo