Community post

Question

Leftover HCG or new pregnancy??

I had a D&C almost four weeks ago. I went in for a 10 week scan and baby had no heartbeat. Well, I’ve noticed some symptoms: vivid dreams, drool, Lower backache, heartburn...so I took a test. It’s positive. The thing is, I’m not sure if it’s hcg left over from my previous pregnancy or if I’m pregnant again. Thoughts? Anyone else been in this boat?

UPDATE   It was leftover hcg from my previous pregnancy. It took exactly 33 days to completely clear my system...my level was around 15,000 the day before my surgery.

Paige

4 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Did you test out the HCG to see the pregnancy tests go negative or have bloodwork done to confirm you went back to a normal level?

Without either of those the only way to tell would be to keep doing pregnancy tests and see if the line gets darker or get bloodwork done to see if it’s doubling.

4 years ago

Hey. Thanks for ur response. And no I didn’t test down to negative myself w home tests nor w bloodwork at the docs. So ur right, ima hafta invest in lots of tests and see if they get darker or lighter. This is exactly why they say you should wait at least a month in between but I’m impatient lol. As usual only time will tell (boo).

Paige

4 years ago • Post starter

I hope it works out well for you! I’m really surprised they didn’t tell you to do that in the first place or at least do bloodwork!

4 years ago

This was my 8th loss...I think they’ve pretty much given up on me at this point. And too...I’ve been poked and prodded so much I’m sick of it not to mention my doc bills at this point are thru the roof, I don’t need any extra ones..I guess it’s just time to take a lil time off.

Paige

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo