Community post

Question

7 dpo ... or so I thought?? ...

Today I should be 7 dpo. I had a positive OPK 1 week ago followed by some mild cramping which usually happens with ovulation. Now today I get another positive OPK??? This is my first month using OPKs and thought I would just test everyday from cd 6 until AF or BFP.

I’m so confused, any thoughts? Or has anyone else experience this before?

96 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 96 Answers | Last Page

Pregnancy can give you a positive opk also.

4 years ago

Some women have a second surge after ovulation and I’ve read this so many times but as Lindsay said, pregnancy can also give you a positive opk. It’s really 50/50 but hopefully is the second case for you! Good luck!

User image

4 years ago

Unfortunately I think it’s just too early in my cycle for it to think I’m pregnant, I’m cd 19. My cycle is usually between 27-31. I’ve taken a test and it’s bfn. OPK still is a very clear positive today again.. I better bd just in case!

4 years ago • Post starter

Hey Jrosie :D

So heres the deal, I get positives on some opk tests until after 7dpo. FRER are super sensitive and will give you days of positives if you are a person whose LH gets really high before releasing the egg. If I use a cheapie, then it takes until literally a day or two before my actual ovulation day for it to go positive. We both get the same ovulation pain unfortunately/fortunatley....junk hurts but it gives us a clue about ovulation. If you are not temping along with opking, you won't know for sure when your progesterone/temp starts to rise therefore signaling a def. ovulation --be it weak or strong. ( What brand of OPK are you using?)

When on ovulation meds like clomid you will get days of positives. And normally ovulate 5 to 9 days out from the last day you took it. That would be me this cycle and I'm due to ovulate tomorrow or Wednesday cd 15 or cd 16.

Keep checking your opks at the same time each day and they should fade away. I've also heard of PCOS causing false positives as well so some thing to talk to you Gyno about if you feel it may be an issue. I really hope you got some good bding in and made a take home baby. this cycle though HUGS

4 years ago • Edited

Oh Luv,

What a whirlwind I’ve been on! It looks like I did not end up ovulating on CD 12 like I had thought. The pain I thought was ovulation pain was actually a cyst, which ruptured and put me in the ER last night. They verified that I’m not pregnant. I think maybe I’m gearing up to ovulate again? I’m CD 20 today, normal cycle is 28-32... last 2 days with positive OPKs (easy@home internet brand)and a temp drop this morning? Do you think I will maybe ovulate tomorrow? I can’t figure my body out. And I’m going to OB next week to get checked out and just have some basic testing done to make sure I am reproductively healthy ...

OHHHH NOOO !!

That is the worst pain ever!! You had me wondering when I read about the pain lasting for so long. HUGS
Did they do a scan to see if your tubes were ok and see how much free blood you had in your tummy?

I do not know if you can still ovulate after a cyst rupture. I always thought you ovulated but there was a cyst that kept growing (and it can be there for many cycles until it resolves or burts).

Keep bding and keep checking your temps. I hope you did ovulate and they just couldn't see your LP cyst. Did they run a progesterone test on you at all? Worse case scenario is your body is gearing up for AF and you will have to start again. But I'm praying you ovulated already and your temp goes up and stays up.

4 years ago

Honestly I don’t know what all blood tests they did. All I know is they suspected a ovarian cyst ruptured and I have some stones in my kidney, oh and did I mention i had a kidney infection too!! I’ve been a mess. What a way to start off TTC again after 2 years off. It’s really hard to learn and understand my cycles when it starts going through all this trauma right in the middle of my cycle lol anyways, we will see what my temp does tomorrow and see what my OPK says this evening in a few hours. I do plan to BD tonight just in case I am gearing up to ovulate. I can’t 100% confirm ovulation happened a week ago, I was not BBT at the time... and my CB digital OPK was not giving me peak days but the Ic test did ... so idk

Well I just took an OPK test and test line is the same color as control line. It has been clearly darker than control line the last 2 days, so starting to fade now, and with the temp drop this morning, I really do wonder if I will ovulate tomorrow! We shall see!!!!

And I don’t really know how the cyst thing works... it’s a little confusing. The only thing I can think of is if it has been there for some time and has finally ruptured. I would think you still ovulate normally In the next cycles to come? I mean I have a period every month, so.. idk. The female reproductive system is so confusing and everyone is so different, and it basically has a mind of its own!! Haha

Seriously?? My too! Im 11 months out from kidney stone surgery/ stent. Girl, its just time for us to get over this hump of bad stuff. I say this as i recover from a fractured tibia and partial ripped off foot at the ankle...yeah, I cant fall normally. I have to destroy body parts on the way down.

Well, I say you Od but we wont know till some more temps. Are you using s bbt thermometer?

4 years ago

Geez your injury sounds so bad! I’m sorry for what your going through! Ya we certainly need to get healthy and put our bodies back together. I am using a bbt thermometer. Only for last week I have though. My temp didn’t go up much at all this mornings I’ll just keep temping and see what happens. This cycle doesn’t seem promising, but I think I will be in a better situation next cycle and I’m going to order some more OPKs and keep temping so that I can actually confirm an O next month.

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo