Community post

Question

First appointment

I am wondering when to book the first appointment with my OBGYN.I am thinking about the 13th of June,I will be 7 weeks then.
Is 7 weeks alright for the first USG or should I wait till I am 8 or more weeks?

4 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 4 of 4 Answers

Call your OB. Sometimes they have an expectation of when they want to see you or if you should wait longer. If you have a history of issues, I'm sure you can request the early ultrasound though to be sure everything is going okay. With my only pregnancy they just did bloodwork for the first appt at 6-7 weeks and then had me schedule the following appts for a week or two later.

4 years ago

Have you already called and had a beta HCG done? They may want to do the blood work and check doubling time before scheduling the U/S. They won't be able to see anything until your HCG is over 2000, so getting some baseline bloodwork will help guide when to do the U/S. Every pregnancy and every woman is different. Dating based on LMP is not always accurate; if you're sure of your ovulation date, you can tell them that and it might help them decide when they want to see you. Some OBs in my area won't see anyone before 8 or 10 weeks. Just depends on the practice. Also, if you go earlier than 8 weeks, ask them to code it as "irregular periods" as you will get better insurance coverage (just my experience). Good luck!

4 years ago

The thing is that in my country Beta-HCG is a totally optional test and generally OBGYN don't ask for it.I am having basic bloodwork + beta HCG on Friday so we will see how it goes. Most sites I have been to advise to visit OBGYN between 8-10 weeks,but I guess I will wait for the beta first and then decide between 13th or 20th of June.

4 years ago • Post starter

I've never been seen before 8 weeks. But they just scheduled me like that. I guess you could get in to your normal doctor first just for confirmation.

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo