Community post

Discussion

From yalls experiences after a miscarriage how long was ur next aunt flow

How long was ur next aunt flow after a miscarriage because my af is normally short like four days n this cycle i bled harder then normal at the beginning but i thought i had stopped on day five which is longer them normal but i am continuing to have dark spotting n nothing steady to consider a steady flow but spottin on n off for like four more days n its dark and brownish instead of bright red or pink and im tryom to also pinpoint everything to continue to ttc as soon as possible and advice or help wanted n appreciated ahead of time thank u all sometimes this site has helped me cope wit ttc and my loss thank yall

2 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

Hi, it depends on many things,
It depends on how far along were you when you had the miscarriage, and if you had a natural MC or if you got a D&C or other interventions done.
Let me tell you my experience if it helps. June 2018 I had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks. The baby stopped growing at 12 weeks. Since I didnt want to wait till I passed everything naturally I had a D&C done on the 1st of June. I had constant bleeding for about 3 days (bright red) and then dark brown for 2 more days. After that everything stopped for about 2 days and then I had on and off light brown spotting for about one more week.
I counted the day of the D&C as CD1. My cycle is usually 31 days long, and I got my next period 32 days after the D&C. (That first period was horrible, tons of clots and lasted for 2 days more than my usual periods, that are usually 3 to 4 days long).
I thought that everything was back on track but it wasnt. My next cycle lasted 45 days and then the next 20 days. And after that it went back to a normal 31 day cycle.
We are currently expecting our rainbow baby, and got pregnant in January. Currently 22 weeks along.

Im sorry for your loss and I hope you get your rainbow baby really soon.

4 years ago

Hello and sorry for your loss. It will depend on your situation, but i'll share mine in case it helps. I had a natural miscarriage that started on its own at 7w1d. I counted the first day of bleeding as CD1. I bled for about 8 days (about 4 days of heavy flow and then 4 days of brown spotting). I usually only bleed for 3-4 days for AF. I ovulated on CD18 that cycle which is a little late for me, but not out of my ordinary (i usually ovulate CD14-CD18). Got AF right on time 16 days after ovulation (my LP is always 16 days) and my cycles have been normal since. Good luck to you!

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo