Community post

Question

Ovarian Cyst

I have been diagnosed with ovarian Cyst on my left ovary almost a year ago.It is around 12 mm in diameter. Sometimes My left ovary hurt during my period in the past.
Today during my nap I was awoken by similar pain on the left side,it repeated a few times and disappeared for the rest of the day. ( I had similar cramps/pain around supposed implantation )I was also heavily bloated at the time, so maybe the pain was associated with it. Is it possible that it is the cyst that causes pain or should I be worried about ectopic pregnancy? My abdomen is not sore or tender in any way,I am only experiencing mild non-painful cramps of the uterus.
I have an appointment with my OB-GYN in the middle of June,but I plan to visit my GP in a few days to do some blood work. Do any of you ladies have/had similar pains during pregnancy ( 4-5 weeks ) associated with an ovarian cyst ?

2 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by likes)

1 - 2 of 2 Answers

I've never had a cyst but I've been pregnant 3 times. That stretching and pulling as your uterus expands feels a lot like ovulation pain to me. I even remember saying it to my midwife the first time around. Keep an eye on it. If it gets worse, it can't hurt to have it checked out. But from my experience, that's normal.

4 years ago

With all of my pregnancies, I have a dull pain in whichever ovary I ovulated from. It carries on this way til about 10 or so weeks along, then it disappears once the placenta takes over. It's called the corpus luteum (cyst) and is basically the leftover follicle from which the egg was released. It releases progesterone to help keep the body from flushing out the baby if pregnancy is achieved. If no pregnancy is achieved then the cyst dies off and that's the signal for ur body to begin a new cycle. The CL stays until it isn't needed anymore, which is when the placenta kicks in. Until that point, some can feel its presence as a dull ache that sometimes gets quite sharp, briefly. I've felt every one of mine.
At this point, I don't think ectopic is something that would be felt just yet. It's always a possibility, I'm not saying u don't/couldn't have one, but to feel it this early on, not a very common thing (if at all). There are a lot of changes that happen early on and in a relatively quick timeframe, it's natural to be a bit hyper-aware of it all. Mention it to ur Dr or OB at ur appt, sometimes hearing it from a few ppl (esp a dr) can really help relax u a bit.

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo