Community post

Question

Positive quick result hpt, negative digital?

Hi ladies, has anyone seen anything like this happen?

user submitted image

12 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 12 Answers | Last Page

Hey SwizzMizzTifferz, i havent ever taken a digital test before but i have taken a pink test and had it show a faint postive (sadly this was a faulty test). Maybe take another test in the morning and see how you go? As i have heard that the digital ones arent as sensitive as the standard first response tests. Good luck, hope you get your positive ????

https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/tickers/ttcs

4 years ago

Thanks for your response! I’m so confused since it showed up within a minute (rapid response test) and then the negative digital. I’ve had a prior ectopic pregnancy so I think I’ll call the doc just to be sure, since my chances at another ectopic are really high.

4 years ago • Post starter

When I was pregnant with my son same thing happened to me so I waited a week to re take the other Digital and it said positive they aren’t as sensitive as normal tests so I’d say your defo pregnant ????????x

4 years ago

@Swizz this literally just happened to me last week. I got a positive FRER, a positive FRRR (rapid), and a negative FRD (digital). I called FR and they said that, while they can't tell me the exact HCG levels each test reads, FRERs and FRDs can pick up the hormone 12 dpo and beyond while FRRR picks up 15 dpo and beyond. In my case, I realized I'd dipped the digital stick for too long and flooded the test, lol.

Even though the rapids are supposed to be the LEAST sensitive, I do believe that something about the digitals mechanism makes it pick up results later than the regular test strips. I'd say congrats, you're pregnant! Try not to worry too much, and test with another digital again in a few days. :-)

P.s. My first FRRR (rapid) at 11 dpo looked just like that, btw. I'm now 4+5 (19 dpo) and still pregnant. :-)

4 years ago • Edited

Thanks for the responses everyone. My dr called me in for bloodwork so I guess we will see by the end of today. Congrats @Harmony!!

@Swizz Thanks! Please let us know what happens...fingers and toes crossed for you!

4 years ago

Update. Bloodwork came back positive. Now I’m just over here freaking out lol

Yaaay! So excited for you! Welcome to the journey! Will this be your first?

4 years ago • Edited

Yes & thanks. I’m 37 and we tried for a few years then gave up. Haven’t used b/c in 15 years lol

Very cool. I'm 33 and this will be our first as well. Had a m/c in 2015 and went back on b/c until Feb 2019.

4 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo