Community post

Question

Empty uterus on ultrasound at 6wks. Advice? Similar stories?

Ultrasound was done and nothing was found in my uterus so they thought maybe an ectopic at 6wks2days. This morning the doctor called and my beta hcg yesterday was 2,368. She sent me to the ER to have a repeat u/s and bloodwork. They checked my tubes and ovaries no masses or sign or pregnancy there either. They gave me an option to terminate or keep checking my levels.
Has anyone had this happen and then they found baby in the uterus? Or anyone have an ectopic that went like this?

user submitted image

1 Answer • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hello and sorry you are going through this. With you HCG levels they should at least be able to see a gestational sac and hopefully a yolk sac. I had a similar situation at 7 weeks my HCG was just over 2000, but i had a large gestational sac with no contents. I started bleeding the day after the scan, my BBT dropped and i passed the tissue naturally. I kept getting positive HPTs for a few weeks after the loss as HCG levels slowly drop back down to 0. If you are not experiencing any pain, then i would ask for another blood draw in 48 hours to see if your numbers are still doubling and follow up with another ultrasound in a week. If you have pain and/or your HCG keeps doubling with no gestational sac in the uterus, i would suspect ectopic.

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo