Community post

Question

I just want to cry....

View Full Post

A little back story.. I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks 4/28/13. Had our rainbow baby 6/2/14. Started trying again beginning of December 2018. Had a chemical 3/19/19. Got another pretty strong positive again yesterday 5/16/19. Immediately went in for blood work as my doctor requested due to my history of miscarriage. They just called me with the results, hcG-14 progesterone-9.7. LMP was 4/18/19-4/25/19. I believe I ovulated 5/6-5/7 and conceived 5/7 as that is the only day that intercourse was. The nurse did not sound optimistic at all and basically implied that I expect another chemical. I have to go back next Thursday for another blood draw and then meet with my doctor Friday once they have results. I even called the nurse back and asked if it was just too early(4w1d) and that's why the levels were so low and she was still not optimistic with me. I'm devastated. This week wait is going to be hell. I have no bleeding as of now. Help, I don't know what to do or think!

18 Answers • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

11 - 18 of 18 Answers

LOVELY progression!

4 years ago

UPDATE#3: Because I need somewhere to put my thoughts. 14dpo added to line progression picture, see below. I called right away this morning to insist on another blood draw for retesting and my OB office REFUSED to let me come in for another test. The nurse told me that it would be pointless for me to have my blood drawn again now(4 days past last draw) and that I should just plan on coming in for blood draw Thursday like they told me last week. I told her that my tests were getting darker and she said "you should probably stop taking tests because they will obviously be getting darker." Ummmm, WHAT?! Literally so pissed off, not mainly about their refusal to redraw my blood today but just at how they've handled everything up to this point. ESPECIALLY with someone who has endured NUMEROUS losses and has CLINICALLY DIAGNOSED anxiety and depression. UGH! Frustrated but trying to stay as calm as I can.

user submitted image

4 years ago • Post starter

@nelson If you can, I'd consult another doctor's office.

4 years ago

I think a fresh start with a new doctor might be a wonderfully positive thing if it’s an option. She should not be speaking to you like that, clearly devoid of bedside manner. I’m angry for you.
Line is looking nice and strong.

User image

4 years ago

UPDATE#4: Because all you ladies are the BEST and give the BEST advice! I spoke with my pcp yesterday and she agreed to order a blood test for me so I could have some peace of mind until Friday when I see my OB again. NURSE WAS WRONG!! 5/16 my hcg was 14, therefore by yesterday(5/20) it should have been at least 60. My test last night put my hcg level at 111! A little renewed hope until Friday! Still taking home tests just for record and memento.

user submitted image

This news is the best!! I’m so happy to see that nice strong line on the test too... well done you for sticking to your guns.

User image

4 years ago

Yaaayyyyy!!!! I am SO glad you pushed for what you needed and was OWED to you! Good luck on your journey!!! Btw, Are you 15 dpo today? I'm 17 dpo, so we're bump buddies! (Got my second blood result back today as well, went from 46 to 150!)

4 years ago

Harmonyke I think I'm 15dpo due to when I think I ovulated but if I'm going by my apps on my phone I'm more like 17-18dpo!! Yayyyy!!! to you!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo