Community post

Question

I just want to cry....

A little back story.. I had a miscarriage at 12 weeks 4/28/13. Had our rainbow baby 6/2/14. Started trying again beginning of December 2018. Had a chemical 3/19/19. Got another pretty strong positive again yesterday 5/16/19. Immediately went in for blood work as my doctor requested due to my history of miscarriage. They just called me with the results, hcG-14 progesterone-9.7. LMP was 4/18/19-4/25/19. I believe I ovulated 5/6-5/7 and conceived 5/7 as that is the only day that intercourse was. The nurse did not sound optimistic at all and basically implied that I expect another chemical. I have to go back next Thursday for another blood draw and then meet with my doctor Friday once they have results. I even called the nurse back and asked if it was just too early(4w1d) and that's why the levels were so low and she was still not optimistic with me. I'm devastated. This week wait is going to be hell. I have no bleeding as of now. Help, I don't know what to do or think!

18 Answers • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 10 of 18 Answers | Last Page

Here's my line progression so far. Blood test was done morning of 10dpo. The fact that my 11dpoAM looks a bit darker than my 10dpoAM makes me think they're wrong and I was just tested really early??

user submitted image

4 years ago • Post starter

Hold up... I didn’t even get a faint line til 13DPO with my girl, and she’s nearly two now!
Your progression looks really good to me.
Happy thoughts make healthy babies. I believe that nurse is wrong to make you worry SO early on. Surprised they even tested this early.
I’ve just had a chemical and my line never got better than your 9DPO, then it vanished. Those tests do not look like a chemical, and while there is progression there is hope. The starting number would relate to when the ovum implanted, and then it can take a couple of days for the numbers to increase. The important thing is a healthy range of progression!
PLEASE don’t panic. Your tests are looking great. It IS too early for low HCG to be deemed a problem. I don’t know a thing about progesterone or how that works.
Give your body a chance to do its stuff. Focus on your health and relax.

User image

4 years ago

Thank you so much Erised87! It's so hard no to panic when you've had one mc let alone two or more. I assume she said what she did due to when my ovulation was "supposed" to occur according to the common calendar, which was May 3-4, which would have made me 12-13dpo instead of 10dpo at the time of the blood test.. I believe I actually ovulated May 6-7 as I had horrible cramping on May 6th and then intercourse May 7th.

You poor darling, I’ve only had one chemical and they are awful. Just try to find something to distract yourself for now. I know that’s hard! I so hope this will work out for you. Please keep me posted.

I’m 4DPO today and the waiting sux!!

User image

4 years ago

Honey look at FMU compared to FMU -- try to stop drinking at the same time every night and resist the urge to pee in the middle of the night. Stop testing at noon -- you don't know how diluted your urine can be throughout the day. If you look at your morning tests and compare just those, i think you will see clear progression. Try to relax and listen to your doctor and wait for the next check. However, i noticed your progesterone is a little low. Will the doc prescribe you a progesterone supplement to get you through the next week until you can see where the HCG numbers are going? If not, you can order some cream online (amazon) although its not as potent as the suppositories the doc can prescribe for you. I'm sorry about your losses -- i've been there too and know how you feel. Hang in there and keep us posted. Just remind yourself every day that today you are pregnant and growing a strong, healthy baby.

4 years ago

HcG of 14 at 11dpo is perfectly fine according to every study I've ever read!

<a href=

4 years ago

@nelson I understand EXACTLY how you feel...I had a miscarriage in 2015 at 7-8 weeks, and JUST in 2019 feel good enough to try again. I tested positive with an HPT at 11 dpo on 5/15 and today is 13 dpo. I immediately went in for an appointment today to confirm the pregnancy at the midwifery center, and BEGGED them to do a blood test. I'm waiting for the results now. They were even nice enough to indulge me and are bringing me back in for a follow up test on Monday to confirm progression.

I know how hard it is to feel in limbo, and I know sometimes the difference between feeling hopeful and hopeless is a kind word and gentle handling from professionals...I'm sorry that they were so callous with you. I'll echo the other ladies' sentiments and say please try to relax and find peace in the fact that you've come this far. And know you have support and hope around you.

4 years ago

UPDATE: Line progression including this morning's(12dpo). Its darker right?!?! (All using FMU)

user submitted image

Looks like good progression to me! Definitely darker.

User image

4 years ago

UPDATE#2: Today(13dpo) is definitely darker!! I'm all but convinced that the nurse was WRONG!!! Tomorrow morning I am going to call and insist they redraw my blood for another count!!!

user submitted image

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo