Community post

Discussion

BFP Group for 2020 babies

View Full Post

Hi everyone, I just found out I am expecting our 2nd baby, due January 2020...most likely the 14th, but have to wait for dating scan. We have 1 daughter who is almost 2 who I am still breastfeeding once at night. I am 28 and a RN. My husband is in the Army.

Anyway, I wanted to create a BFP group for 2020 as the other BFP group has Mamas already having their babies. Anyone else get a BFP recently?

girl, boy, boy

141 Replies • 4 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

121 - 130 of 141 Replies | Last Page

@Ali so excited for you! Congratulations on a successful scan and I hope everything turns up roses for your anatomy scan. Keep us posted!

AFM: 8+1 today, and I was able to eat a whole bagel with cream cheese and keep it down!!! Yaaay!!! I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I'm celebrating today. I've lost 5 lbs in less than two weeks between the nausea, fatigue, vomiting, increase sense of smell, food aversions, and lack of appetite, lol. I'm not overly concerned...I just try to get my vitamins in, and stay hydrated if I can.

I had a scan at 7+5 and they rolled me back a couple of days to 7+3, but everything looked great, and I got to see and hear the little one's heart beat at 148 bpm.

4 years ago • Edited

Thanks all for the welcome!

Harmonyke- I’m sorry you’re been feeling so poorly! With my first I lost 10lbs by 10 weeks, it was awful. My doctor prescribed zofran at that stage and it really helped. I still didn’t feel great (and had a lot of food aversions), but at least I wasn’t throwing up all the time and could keep down fluids!

4 years ago

@cgml123 when did you finally start gaining weight? I figure as long as I don't lose more than 10% of my body weight (I started at 130 lbs and as of today I'm down to 124 lbs), I can drink water, and keep down my vitamins, I won't flag it for my midwives. From everything I read, the kid is getting everything they need regardless of how I feel, lololol. And watermelon has been my best friend!!!

4 years ago

Hi everyone, sorry I fell off the post for a bit. We were on a 2 week camping trip. I am 10w5d now. I don’t feel pregnant at all except for the constant exhaustion and off and on bloating. We did the SneakPeek at home blood test for gender and it says it is a boy, but I can’t trust it because my husband just told me he touched the sample tube. Men aren’t supposed to touch any part of the kit so that was a waste of $129. What is it with guys...you tell them they can’t touch something and they just can’t help themselves. Oh well, now we will have to wait until our move and I get a new OB to get genetic testing that includes gender.

girl, boy, boy

4 years ago • Post starter

@ Harmonyke: I only did end up gaining about 2-4 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight (so I lost 10 or maybe 12 total, and then gained 14, leaving me at 2-4 over my starting weight (and then I gained 5 additional lbs once he was born bc I think my poor body was in starvation mode). Yes, everyone seems to be pretty unanimous that the baby will get what it needs! And especially if you're able to stay hydrated and have your vitamins, you should be all good. (I wasn't even able to take vitamins or drink for a long period -- I had to have IVs several times -- but baby was totally healthy!)

I'm actually starting to look forward to some sickness, so convince me that this is real! (I'm SURE I will regret that shortly).

4 years ago

I am 11 weeks tomorrow and still no sickness! I have only gained 2 pounds and that’s after I eat all day. I was sick all day with our daughter and even got physically ill often. With this baby I literally ask myself if I am even pregnant then I look down and see the bloat (off and on) and am like yep that’s a baby lol. The photo below is last week. Anyone else showing/bloating early? My only other symptoms are crazy exhaustion and acne, but the acne could be from our camping adventures.

user submitted image

girl, boy, boy

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

@cgml123 yikes! I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, but I am so glad to hear your baby was healthy despite the weight loss! And yes, enjoy the lack of nausea while you can!!! I hope you have milder symptoms to treat you sweetly for everything you endured the first time! :-)

@JL so glad to have you back! And sorry to hear that your gender results might be inaccurate. I really don't understand why men have to touch (and taste) EVERYTHING! Like, as soon as you say "don't" their contrarian brain kicks in!

As for bloating, it just started kicking in this week. It's still pretty subtle visually, but I can feel the gas build up, lol. I started adding ginger to my tea and drinking a little carbonated water to help. My most persistent symptoms have been the nausea, fatigue, increased sense of smell, lack of appetite, and occasional vomiting (if I eat something that my body doesn't want).

4 years ago

Wow that's a nice little bump!! Mine is just all over podge which makes me just look a bit fat.

First time round I went abroad and caught a bug- I was vomiting and had diarrhoea for about 8 weeks. I was amazed baby turned out ok. And she was over 4.5 kg too. Don't worry. Baby comes first.

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow. Any one feel movements?? I know it's too early. Last time I thought I could feel movements around this time-and I'll never know if it was the baby but those movements got steadily stronger as time went on and became baby. So I do wonder if it's the same
I think my midwife woild think I was nuts though.

4 years ago

@Ali I haven’t felt anything, but am only 11 weeks so it’s way too early for me.

AFM TRIGGER WARNING as I will mention threatened MC.
I had the scariest night of my life last night because I started bleeding heavily. I thought for sure I was miscarrying again, but to our surprise the ultrasound showed baby completely healthy and everything as it should be. There is no explanation for the bleeding and because of this they diagnosed me with threatened miscarriage. The OB seems reassured by the ultrasound so I am just on pelvic floor rest at the moment. My next appts are Thursday and Friday next week to check on baby again. The bleeding has mostly stopped now and is only brown spotting which I know is old blood so this should me whatever the source was has stopped. I am on bed rest for a couple days and just trying to relax so my body heals. Baby’s HR was 154 and even though the ER wasn’t suppose to let me see the ultrasound screen the tech flipped it so I could see baby waving at me. I am still so shocked this happened this far along, 1 week from the safety net of 2nd trimester, but very thankful it looks like it has turned out to be best case scenario since little one is still doing well.

girl, boy, boy

4 years ago • Post starter

Thank you all for the congrats and welcoming me onto this discussion board. Sorry its been a while since I've posted, still trying to get used to the forum (its changed a bit since I was last really active on it). I'm about 4 wks 5ds along now and I've taken at least 5 HPTs with positive results. I wanted to wait until I was further along (at least 6 weeks) before I went in and got bloodwork done. I couldn't wait any longer and forced myself in because I was sure I have a UTI (I was right). I'm a little bummed out and anxious after my appt. (Bloodwork confirmed pregnancy.. Yay!) But I'm having really bad left flank pain and some pains here and their left abdomen side. In addition to the positive UA for UTI they told me there was some blood in my urine, which of course freaks me out. I've experienced miscarriages before and I'm just really hoping this pregnancy doesn't result in the same outcome. They gave me meds and told me to drink a lot of water but nothing really more than that. My anxiety is through the roof right now as I've not told anyone I'm pregnant just yet so there's not many people I can vent to for comfort. Sorry for the rant.

<a href=

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo