Community post

Question

Anyone have faint, thin line on blue dye test that ended up being BFP?

Hi all... I took a test earlier and got a BFN - since 2 came in the box, I did a 3 hour hold and retested ... I swear I see a thin, faint line but it doesn’t show up in pictures at all. I know it can be my eyes playing major tricks on me (I’m only 8dpo). So has anyone had a super faint, thin line on a blue dye test and ended up with a BFP???

9 Answers • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

Update, I took it apart (I know you’re not suppose to but wanted to make sure it wasn’t a shadow on the plastic screen) and there’s definitely a really thin blue line. Thoughts?

4 years ago • Post starter

I hate those blue line tests and do not trust them. One month I got NINE lines on them and wasn't pregnant. I'll post a picture to show how bad they are.

user submitted image

4 years ago

Ok thanks ... mine isn’t even that dark, super squinter. Here’s a picture, you can’t see anything. I’ll test with FRER in the morning (or maybe Saturday if I can hold out that long).

user submitted image

Good luck! Sorry, I don't mean to be a downer. I just HATE those tests because they get your hopes up. I do hope it is something for you!

4 years ago

Thanks & I totally appreciate the honesty!! You’re not a downer! I’ve just felt “off” for a couple of days, I know it’s too early to test but I’d like to know if I am. I’m a bit impatient lol

Oh I get that! That's why I buy the internet cheapie ones so that I can pee on something and not spend a fortune

4 years ago

9dpo FRER bfn with fmu

It's still early! It's not over till it's over

4 years ago

Thanks. I’m just so emotional and feel like every time we “try” it’s such a let down. It’s been 9 years since my ectopic and we haven’t avoided pregnancy in any way but gave up trying after a few years. I just feel broken.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo