Community post

Question

LACK of sore boobs a pregnancy symptom?

Most things i read are from people who say that they have sore boobs as a pregnancy symptom. The thing is, i ALWAYS have sore boobs starting 3-5 days before AF and it disappears the day after AF arrives. For me it is a symptom of AF, not pregnancy.

But this cycle, i am on 13DPO AF is due in 2 days and i have no sore boobs at all, not even a twinge. I've even poked prodded and squished but nothing!

Ive read that sore boobs before AF are caused by the drop in progesterone and estrogen (hormones which suddenly drop when AF is due as progesterone is used to grow/maintain the uterus lining which isn't needed if there is no pregnancy so the hormones level drop to shed the lining)

so if i dont have sore boobs, my progesterone level hasn't dropped which is what happens in a positive pregnancy? Ah who knows!

Has anyone else experienced a lack of sore boobs to be a sign of pregnancy?

16 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 16 Answers | Last Page

I don't believe in symptom spotting, it's all caused by the same hormones whether it's a period incoming or a pregnancy developing.

User image EBF 10 months!

5 years ago

OK thanks for your input.

When you've been trying as long as i have sometimes you just need a bit of support or anecdotal advice from other people to keep you going during the hard 2ww, it gets harder the longer you have to go through it. Symptom spotting can sometimes be that glimmer of hope you need or a lot of us probably wouldn't be on this site!

My symptom is a particularly weird one for me that i just wished to see if others had had a similar problem with, i'd rather talk to people than google. If that's not something that you believe in then that's your way and i respect that and wish you well on your journey.

5 years ago • Post starter

You seem offended at my comment? My only other answer is that the only time I didn't get sore boobs was last cycle when I miscarried, which I'm sure is also not the information you're wanting. Yes the two week wait is hard, but why make it harder on yourself by looking for glimmers of hope on the internet? Symptoms are SO different for people and can even be different from cycle to cycle. Spare your sanity and just wait it out :)

User image EBF 10 months!

5 years ago

Squirgle I usually ALWAYS have sore boobs and it can start from 1dpo. In the last 13 cycles I experienced only two cycles that I didn’t have it and both of them I was wondering the same thing. Even tho I don’t symptom spot either, since in the past I had EVERY single symptom pregnant women had report, I felt that the lack of boob soreness on me was weird.. unfortunately never got pregnant! I really hope that’s not the case for you and maybe it is indeed your very early pregnancy symptom! Good luck!

User image

5 years ago • Edited

Yes I absolutely thought your first reply was a little off and out of keeping with a support site that places a large emphasis on tracking symptoms. I had asked for people with experience in this problem what their situations and results were – whether that’s ‘yes I had it and I turned out to be nothing’ or ‘yes I had it and it was a positive symptom’ then great either way. I was looking for experiences of others, good or bad while I wait out my own cycle and find out the results.

To say that you don’t believe in symptom spotting is fine but the problem is to criticise others that wish to do so. Your original reply came off as curt and made me feel that my experience and question was not valid just because you don’t believe in looking at it.

It’s a support site, we should be here to lift each other up, support though difficult experiences and yes even give anecdotes to others that do or don’t support other people’s searches for a bfp – not criticise other people just for asking questions.

I’m sorry to hear about your miscarriage and I appreciate the info on your own experience, I hope that you’re managing to get through it all ok with lots of support.

Thanks Alexplpl! Glad i'm not the only one! I've felt since early on that this month probably wasn't going to be a positive so was a bit surprised with this - maybe i'm not out of the running after all. If i am out then at least i was spared the sore boobs, sleeping is much easier :)

Hi squirgle. I've had both sore boobs and not both BFN and BFP cycles. During BFP the soreness got most intense after 14 DPO when I already knew from hpt and blood test. I think everyone is different but what I keep hearing is that if you are tracking really closely and notice something out of the ordinary then that may be a sign... But no way to know until you can test!! You should be close enough now to try an hpt if AF is only a couple days away. Have you tested yet?

5 years ago

Thanks Lissa645! It's looking then like it's one of those symptoms that could go either way and is quite individual to the person then :) completely agree, it seems like something out of the ordinary which is what got me thinking while I wait out these last few days.

I stopped testing before AF was due a few months back because it stopped being fun and was getting kinda expensive so I'm just waiting this one out...

Good for you, girl! I caved at 9 DPO (BFN) this cycle because i lost my baby a few weeks ago at 7 weeks and i'm just dying to see those 2 lines again. Good luck to you!

5 years ago

With my boy pregnancies my boobs weren't sore at all. With my girl, they were so, so sore. My point being, not having sore boobs doesn't mean you aren't pregnant. I hope this is it for you!

5 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo