Community post

Information

Positive tests but period

Hey everyone, ive been feeling sick lately all symptoms of pregnancy so i tested 6 days before my period due date and been getting a faint positive but then today woke up to my normal period i also tested while on my period and also getting a faint positive. Has anyone experienced this at all??

17 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by informative)

1 - 10 of 17 Comments | Last Page

Hi Mariam -- i'm sorry to say that it sounds like you are having a chemical pregnancy. Do you BBT? if so and your temperature has remained elevated then it may just be some pregnancy spotting but if your temp dropped below coverline then you are probably having your period and experiencing a chemical pregnancy.

5 years ago

I experienced this at the start of this month and it was an early miscarriage. My tests were positive and darkening from 8dpo to 16dpo whilst bleeding the whole time, I eventually miscarried naturally after 16 days.

User image EBF 10 months!

5 years ago

Hi ladies, thanks for your replies!
Lisa i have no idea what BBT is ive never done it before lol ive also had 4 miscarriages 3 natural and 1 with methotrexate so i know exactly what a miscarriage looks like. Im also still having morning sickness abit weird cause its been 2 days since my period started. Should i try a test after it finishes?

5 years ago • Post starter

Bekuhg im sorry for your loss totally know how you feel you never really get over it do you. I miscarriaged 4 times one with twins

@Mariam I still had pregnancy symptoms until I miscarried on day 16 then they all went so it might just be that, with your previous miscarriages I would go get a HCG beta check

User image EBF 10 months!

5 years ago

@beckuhg yeh i will definitely do that thanks for the advice ladies hope all is well with you both?

Hi Mariam - i agree you should see if your doctor will do a bHCG blood test just to see where you are and then repeat in 48-72 hours to see if the numbers are increasing. I had one chemical pregnancy in January. I got a BFP 2 days before AF and kept testing each day and the line did not get darker. My AF showed up i think one day late and I started getting BFN by the second day of bleeding. It's such a disappointment.

As for me, i've had the one CP and then also a blighted ovum last month which i miscarried naturally at 7 weeks. As of now i'm on the first cycle after the miscarriage and have not had a period yet. I'm 4 DPO today and i ovulated right on time counting the first day of M/C bleeding as CD1. We did manage to BD during my fertile week so i'm hoping i'm one of those lucky ladies that gets pregnant again after M/C without an AF in between. I'll know in a couple of weeks. If not, on to the next cycle! Good luck to you!

Hey Beck, what up December-board-buddy???

5 years ago

Lissa im going through pretty much the same as you did, its so disappointing tho after seeing the bfp to then find out its a bfn do you take anything like progesterone? My gynecologist put me on it i heard it does wonders ive read alot of successful stories while woman are on it.
I wish you all the best and hopefully we get to hold our little bean soon
I guess we all need patience

Im from Australia where are you ladies from?

@Mariam. So truly sorry for your loss. I have suffered numerous chemical pregnancies. So I did some Googling to find some answers and found what I was looking for. It took me a few months of procrastination and wished I started sooner but God works in mysterious ways as I was overdue by a week and was supposed to be induced; and my son was born on my brother's birthday. I used Emerita Pro Gest Cream off Amazon as I kept getting chemical pregnancies and spotting before AF was due and I never did in the past. I started using it in January '18 after ovulation and got my BFP that month and continued using the cream until it was safe to start weaning off it. It took my husband and I three months for my first pregnancy and close to 9 months with my previous pregnancy. I never did go see my doctor to get tested for low progesterone, I just took it upon myself and started using it on my own. I used First Response OPKs (monthly pack), baby Apsrin and preseed; plus tracked my BBT but always stopped around 8dpo so never did see the dip and rise in temps. I hope you get your BFP soon. I'm from Canada. I can try and help if you have any questions like BBT tracking and anything else you may need answering.

@lissa & @beckuhg. So sorry for your losses as well. I hope you both get your BFP as well.

User image[/url]

5 years ago • Edited

@dragonfly23
Thats such good news love, i tried searching the net for some creams or anything that may assist or help with pregnancy but there’s so many products out there that i cant decide on what to get its just so confusing lol can you make me a list of what you used i think my body just needs abit of help lol i only just found out of BBT from this site ive never heard of it before can i use a normal thermometer or do i need a special one?

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo