Community post

Discussion

Abnormally shaped gestational sac?

Just went for my 6 wk scan...we could see the yolk sac (which the doc commented was a lil large), the fetal pole, and a heartbeat. The docs main concern was the shape of my gestational sac. Anybody had any experience w this? The doc said she was, “cautiously optimistic” at this point and wants to see me again in a week for another scan. Thoughts??

user submitted image

Paige

5 Replies • 4 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

I haven't been on much lately so thought I'd pop onto your profile and see how you are doing. Glad to see you're still preggo! I really hope your yolk sac shape is just "different" and that everything will be fine. I'm very happy for you and crossing my fingers this cycle for myself as well! 6dpo and counting... ;)

4 years ago

I think the fact that there's a heart beat is the most important sign at this point. I had a pregnancy with enlarged yolk sac, it ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks. we never saw a definite fetal pole, nor a heart beat though.

4 years ago

Thanks for the responses ladies. BBWS18, so sorry for your loss. And Papas Mama, Ive wondered where you’ve been. Fingers crossed for your bfp. Keep me posted.

Paige

4 years ago • Post starter

UPDATE: Went back for another scan today. Gestational sac and yolk sac are lookin good, Fetal pole measuring right on target, Heartbeat 138 bpm. I go back again next week just to make sure things continue to progress smoothly.

Paige

4 years ago • Edited • Post starter

7w1d

user submitted image

Paige

4 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo