Community post

Journal

Possible incomplete miscarriage or ectopic: For those following my situation

For those of you following my very confusing tests and situation since mid-March:

Doctors finally confirmed on Saturday that my levels are still very slowly rising. So they suspect an imcomplete miscarriage, that some leftover tissue may still be giving off HCG. So may need a D&C. They also say it is too soon to completely rule out ectopic, but the levels are so very low they doubt it. I'm supposed to go back in about a week to check my HCG again, but I am hoping to avoid a D&C.

Today my test was WAY lighter than Sunday's test, I am cramping very badly, so I hope to start bleeding and and that my body takes care of the rest of this on it's own.

This is the first time I've been through something like this and wanted to share my experience, because I've never heard of this happening and I was very confused. So here's my experience:

It started off at 8-10dpo when I started getting very faint positive HPTs (around March 18). Before they could get much darker, they started turning negative, then that Saturday (March 23rd) I started bleeding. Very heavy bleeding with very large clots and very bad cramping that was 10x worse than AF cramps. Only bled heavy for 2 days, then spotting another 2, so was strangley short for a chemical. My last chemical I bled for 10-12 days! My missed miscarriage at 19 weeks I bled for weeks afterwards. I thought it was over. Took a test that Monday (March 22nd) and noticed my HPT was turning positive again. Went to ER, they did blood draw, level was only 5 and they said my level will return to 0 soon. Took a test Wednesday, it was much darker and was having pain, so I feared ectopic and went back to ER. Blood draw showed levels were 14 and was told that I need to be seen until my levels return to 0. Saturday (March 30th) I had draw again and levels were 12 and was told the numbers could be off a little and could be suspected incomplete miscarriage. I need to continue to be seen until levels are 0. Today my tests are very faint positives now, going negative, and the cramping I have I am hoping I will bleed, that my levels will go back to 0, and my body can go back to normal again...

Ladies, feel free to go through my photo gallery if you want, to see what tests I'm talking about starting from my very first positive, to negative, back to positive and darker again. I will test tomorrow again and will post that photo, I didn't get a chance to take a photo of today's test.

User image

6 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by laughs)

1 - 6 of 6 Comments

I hope you don't need a D&C and so sorry you are going through this! I just wanted to mention that for my miscarriage we weren't sure if i passed everything on my own, so my doctor prescribed Cytotec (misoprostol) which is a pill you can take that will cause the cervix to open and uterine cramping so you can push out whatever is in there. Maybe ask your doctor about it if they recommend D&C as another less invasive option.

5 years ago

So sorry Crystal! I know its tough but hang in there. And I agree with Lissa ask your doctor about the meds, might be a better option.

User image

5 years ago

Jhdhfhhhhhdhdhdhieueurkdjrjdjsjw rrrrfkdjrjddjdh

User image

5 years ago

Do an ultrasound first, some time tissues get stuck in the cervix, Doc will remove it (without D&C).

5 years ago

UPDATE: All finished passing naturally, tests went negative, and no surgery or meds were needed. Today officially started a new cycle, so moving on... not sure if we will continue TTC or not..

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

I am so glad everything worked out on its own. I hope you guys figure out what is best for you!!

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo