Community post

Question

HSG TEST....

Hi ..I'm having an HSG test (Hysterosalpingography test) next week. I'm slightly nervous due to the fact that when I had a D&C my doc told me I wouldn't want to be awake for the cervical injection to numb me so sedation is beneficial... Well I asked her if she would be numbing me for this (since she's not sedating me) and she said she would be, and not forgetting what she said about anesthetic for my last procedure... yup I'm nervous. My question is has anyone gotten numb for this test? Was it painful? (Since I didn't forget her reasoning why last time). Etc... Any other info would be good.
Thanks!

10 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 10 Answers

I had this test to see if my tubes were blocked. I dont remember being numbed at all? They just inserted the catheter and said it would be uncomfortable.

Mill

5 years ago

Thanks... She said some docs numb and some don't but if there is a possibility she can unblock by forcing fluid through she will try. I've had iui's before so I don't understand unless she's really thinking there is something going on

5 years ago • Post starter

I had this done in 2010, it was a little uncomfortable, but bearable.

5 years ago

Did they numb you also?

I did one in 2012. Was told to take a pain killer a few hours before the procedure. I felt it, but it didn't hurt one bit.

User image

5 years ago

Had one done in January no numbing. It was a little uncomfortable but tolerable.

User image

5 years ago

Had one done as well a couple months back. Uncomfortable but not horrible. Was told to take advil before, no numbing.

5 years ago

Thanks... We'll see what she decides to do Thursday. Hopefully it's nothing crazy. :)

Hello Lynn so I’m actually radiology tech who assist the doctors in this procedure . We advise patients to take a little bit of pain killer before procedure . Some patients feel nothing and some feel pain when fluid gets in . But In return we receive so many thank you calls when they have conceived . Don’t be discouraged it’s like a pap but more invasive. I would take some over the counter pain killers to be on the safe side .

5 years ago

Thank you Abbontrack...I hope it goes well and pray for a good outcome!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo