Community post

Journal

The suspense. True or False BFP?

On a whim I took a test Monday night. I walk away. After 5 minutes I go back. Look. There's nothing. But! As I put it back down I stop. There. I can see it. It's super faint but it's there. My stomach flips. My eyes well. I hide my excitement, I want to be sure before I tell my husband.

I go out to pick-up dinner and get a FRER take it out of the box then out of the wrapper so I can take it in the morning not making a ton of noise. Wake up. Pee.... nothing. Blazingly negative.

Then something in me tells me to search for the brand Medimama. TTC, Pregnancy and Baby boards I search them all. There it is. My heart sinks. Brand is known for FALSE POSITIVES!

It's still early I think. I'm only 8 DPO maybe 11. I'm not entirely sure when I ovulated because the same brand's ovulation tests were hard to read and I got a new thermometer.

Tuesday night I take 4 more of the cheap internet test. 1 is negative. 2 have the same faint line. 1 is darker (the one in the photo). My heart starts to sinks more. How can 4 of the same test with the same urine produce such different results?!

So here I am on Wednesday. I haven't tested again. I said I'd wait until tomorrow.

I'm so torn. I feel like yes. I am pregnant so I just need to be patience. Then on the other side my logic is telling me no. I'm not just give up already.

I want this to finally have 19 months be my BFP.

user submitted image

4 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by informative)

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

If that showed up in 5 minutes, and you've had more like it, then I'd say its positive.

5 years ago

Squirrel love it was in time frame but I took 3 at the same time and this was the only one ????

5 years ago • Post starter

give it a day or two before testing again

5 years ago

Period is starting today. It was a false positive :(

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo