Community post

Discussion

Pink discharge then nothing?

Hello, I've never posted before but needed abit of information/encouragement. I am due my af tomorrow and this morning I had a sudden sharp period like cramp. I went to the toilet to check and had a pinky/brown discharge and thought that was it. Since then ( last few hours) there is nothing. No more cramps or anything. I checked my cervix and it is almost unreachable. Basically I'm asking if anyone had experienced this and what the outcome was? I have been testing the last couple of days but have been negative until leaving for an hour which I know I shouldn't do, but they then came up with faint positives but most probably just evaps. TIA X

11 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Replies | Last Page

Do you BBT? If you do, you will know that your temp drops right before or when you are about to get AF. I had a CP in January and had a couple of positive tests that didn't get any darker. My temp dropped to coverline the same day i started spotting light pink and then brown (i was still getting faint positives). The next day AF arrived. My CP always jumps up two days before AF. I have read that you can't rely on CP too much after O and mine even jumps around throughout the day. Good luck and keep on testing! You're not out until the witch shows her face! And if you don't temp, i highly recommend it if you can and have a consistent sleeping schedule.

5 years ago

HI Early, no experience here lol!!! AF should have arrived for me today, so far nothing but yesterday I had some pinkshish CM.... I will keep you posted :)
Hope for the best!!!

5 years ago

Also i forgot to mention even if you leave the tests and come back to them later, if the second line has pink in it then it may not an evap. Have you posted any of the pics here for votes/comments?

5 years ago

Thanks guys, really just needed someone to talk to about this...I don't temp so I wouldn't know..
I have photos that I posted a couple of days ago if you wanted to have a look. They definitely had pink in them.
The discharge has now turned to a very light period which is still strange and I normally have terrible periods, really heavy and painful. X

5 years ago • Post starter

HI again Carly, your pics look like they could be evaps but there is definitely some pink so it might just be too early to test. If you don't temp, how do you confirm ovulation? Maybe the bleeding you're seeing is part of implantation and you ovulated later than you thought? Even if you are super regular it is possible to have a random delayed ovulation once in a while. Delayed ovulation would through off your expected period date. I hope you get some answers soon. I really suggest you look into temping -- i hated the idea at first but now its just a habit. I got my BFP two days ago and i still wake up at the same time (without an alarm) to take my temp. My brain just knows its time to get up and temp! Good luck to you and keep us posted!

5 years ago

Hiya Lisa, congratulations on your bfp!! I used ovulation kit but I don't really trust them for sure. Thanks for looking at my pics, I think they are evaps even though they did have some pink in them. I've now got just a very light pink bleed but no pains or anything...will just see how it goes over the next few days and will take a test if it doesn't change. I'll let you know. I'll look into temping for next cycle. Thanks again and congratulations X X

Thank you! I'm crossing my fingers that what you are seeing is implantation bleeding! You can post a picture of that too to get opinions. I didn't have IB, so i don't know what it looks like. Good luck and keep us posted!

5 years ago

Hiya Lisa, my period developed so I'm out ???? fingers crossed for next month. How do you do the temping? Is there a certain thermometer I need to buy? Thanks X

Hi Carly! Temping is not at all difficult and you will get a hang of it quickly. First of all, go to the drug store and buy a basal body thermometer (maybe you can find one on amazon). It's just like a normal digital thermometer (in fact, i use a plain CVS digital thermometer and it works fine). At the pharmacy you'll find it with the pregnancy tests and ovulation kits. It will cost you about $10-15. Make sure you're using an app to document your temperatures. Most people here use Fertility Friend which is also what i use. You can download the app on your phone. You can get a free trial for a few months to try it out and after that it costs about $10 a month i think. You can use a free app, but i find you get a lot more info from Fertility Friend (we refer to it sometimes as "FF"). You can also track your temps on this site (Countdown to Pregnancy or "CTP"). Go to your profile on CTP and you can add your temps there daily. I find FF is a little more accurate, but CTP is pretty close and it's free!

Ok, now you're ready to start. Set your alarm for the time you want to get up every day. It needs to be the exact same time every day (this is hard for some people depending on their schedules). You need to get at least 3 hours of sleep before you wake up (for example, if you normally wake up at 6 am and you woke up to use the bathroom at 5 am and then went back to sleep, your temp at 6 am when you wake again may be inaccurate!). FF is nice because it automatically records the time on the app as you enter it on your phone so it will let you know if your time is off. You can discard temps in FF if you think they are not representative due to lack of sleep or some other factor (like if you have a fever for example). Also, if your bedroom is especially cold or hot or if you breathe with your mouth open during your sleep, these factors can throw off your temps. So, wake up at your time and don't do ANYTHING before you put that thermometer in your mouth. Don't drink water or get up until you've taken your temp (don't even sit up in bed). Take your temp and record it and then you're done! You can take your temp orally or vaginally, your choice just do it the same way every time. Vaginal temps are higher than oral temps, in general.

It will take at least one cycle for you to see your body's specific patterns. But in general, you will see lower temps on the first day of your cycle and then the day after ovulation, your temp will jump half to a full degree above your pre-O temps. Once FF detects three days of elevated temps, it will draw some imaginary red lines on your chart. The horizontal line is called "coverline" and the vertical line will appear on O day. If the lines are dotted, that means FF is not sure about your O date. Temps pre-O will be below coverline and temps post-O will be above coverline. As your next period approaches, your temp will drop back down to coverline or below which is how you will know AF is coming.

Some people see what's called a Luteal Phase dip which can happen anywhere from 6-12 DPO where your temp drops for one day below coverline after O. Some people think this is a dip that occurs when implantation happens, but i've had a dip even during non-pregnant cycles. I actually believe its a second estrogen surge that causes that dip. Your temp will jump back up the following morning. Just know that the "implantation dip" may or may not be a thing and doesn't always mean implantation has occurred.

Don't forget to record your secondary signs in your FF app (or whatever app you use) including OPK test results and symptoms. This will help FF predict a realistic O date for you on your subsequent cycles especially if your temps are fluctuating a lot. You will still need to monitor your secondary fertility signs (CM, CP, OPK) because FF will only tell you AFTER you have O'd and can't really tell you when it's going to happen so you can BD ahead of it. Also know that every person and every cycle is different so it won't be the same every month (even your cover line can jump around from cycle to cycle and that means nothing). One month i O'd a whole week late and i wouldn't have known that without taking my temp. I would have thought my period was a week late. This is because your folicular phase (the phase before O) can vary each cycle. The luteal phase (after O) will generally be the same every month. It's typically 14 days but can vary less or more. For example, my LP is 16 days exactly every month.

One more thing....make sure you count your first full day of flow as CD1 on your app. You may spot for 1-2 days before the AF full flow starts and if you count those days as CD1, it will throw everything else off. I made that mistake on my first couple of charts. The rule i read is that if your flow starts after 3 pm on a day, you should count the following day as CD1.

Lastly (sorry so long...), it took me 6 months to conceive and it can take a long time so be patient and have faith that it will happen for you! Search on this site for a post someone else started (i replied to it) where a bunch of us posted our BBT charts recently. If you can't find that post, let me know i'll post some charts on this thread for you to see. Good luck and let me know how you're doing!!

5 years ago

Hiya Lisa, thank you so much for all the info! I will go and get one and get the app too. I already have a 6 month old son so I feel as though I'm being greedy haha but the plan was to have the two really close together so we started trying for our second only 2 weeks after birth. I know it may sound a little crazy and alot of my family and friends think so too but we want this so badly!! It took us 2 years to conceive our son and I never used any ovulation kits or temping, just had sex every other day for every cycle... exhausting! Thank you again for all the info and I'll start tomorrow hopefully..it's going to be difficult as I do get up for night feeds still but generally it's early hours so should still get at least 4 hours rest before taking my temp. I'll let you know how I get on. Am I okay to add you for future? X

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo