Community post

Question

Faint Positive Yesterday: BFN Today?! Please help!

I'm beyond confused ladies. Please help me. I'm beside myself. I tested yesterday at 11dpo with the Walgreen's pink dye (6 day sooner) test and got a faint positive. Then I tested this morning with a first response and BFN?! How is that even possible? In the 4 years we've been trying for a baby. I've never once seen a second line on a pink dye test before. But now BFN the very next day??? The pictures attached are the faint positive I got yesterday morning. I'll post 3 pictures. One in the comments you can really see it.

user submitted image

11 Answers • 5 years ago • Edited

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by hugs)

1 - 10 of 11 Answers | Last Page

I wouldn't worry, I got my BFP in November last year, a very strong postiive with the pink dye (SO i took 4 to check), and then the next day I took a blue dye clear blue test and it was negative! But i was pregnant.
Unfortunately it ended in MC 4 weeks later, but i wouldn't be stressing in your case. Sometimes you get a bad batch of tests!
Congratulations!

Trying to Conceive our 1st

5 years ago

I would just give it a day or two and test again. Or if you're really worried, go straight to a dr for a blood test. Don't give up hope!

Trying to Conceive our 1st

5 years ago

There is definitely a second line. You can really see it in this one. I'm so confused :(

user submitted image

5 years ago • Post starter

Okay one more. Sorry :) You can see it in this one, too.

user submitted image

My only concern was that it was a Walgreens pink dye test. It even says compare to First Response. But when you look up reviews on that test, hundreds of people say it gave them false positives :( so when I tested with First Response the next morning it was negative. I don’t know what to think now...

Thank you so much! We’ve been TTC for over 4 years now so it’s just so hard. But I won’t lose hope just yet! Not until AF shows.

What was your outcome??

5 years ago

The Walgreens 6 days are notorious for false positives, take a look at their reviews on the Walgreens site, over 100 other ladies received a false positive.

User image EBF 10 months!

5 years ago

It was a false positive :( First time ever I had a second line and thought I was pregnant. Turns out Walgreen's pink dye tests give false positives. I googled reviews and hundreds of other women have had issues with them. Just awful. They should be taken off the shelves. It's hard enough we've been TTC for over 4 years. 3rd and final iui next week with trigger shot. I'll never use Walgreen's tests again!

5 years ago • Edited • Post starter

I'm so sorry :( I'm surprised they've not had a lawsuit yet!!

User image EBF 10 months!

5 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo