Community post

Discussion

The 3 month wait to announce??? To do or not to do.

Okay. So do you ladies wait the “three months” to announce your pregnancy? I have mixed emotions. I have two looses in the past and this current pregnancy loose promising (still praying for success though). I am 3 weeks and 6 days. So yes, it is very early. I lost my last two at 4 and 6 weeks and family only knew about one, not the other. I feel cheated that I didn’t get to be excited for both or get to tell both. I feel like I’m keeping a dirty secret. My sister says I should wait to even tell family until I’m 3 months because “I don’t want to have to go around telling everyone I lost a baby”. I don’t know. Adknowledging the pregnancy on a public level I feel is therapeutic for me in a way and reguardless of loss or not they are and were still my babies. Opinions welcome ??

2 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Replies

This is one of those things that it depends on you.
I am 5 1/2 weeks and have only told one sister. We wont be telling anyone else until after we see a heartbeat. After that we will start telling close family and a couple weeks later friends. I'm more of a private person and I dont like when people express sympathy to me. So I wouldn't handle telling people about a loss very well.

5 years ago

I agree with espence that it depends on you. I'm actually more comfortable telling people who aren't emotionally invested in our reproductive process about it. I tend to keep things from my family so they don't get excited and then hurt if something happens. It's up to you and how you feel about your relationships with the different groups of people. Personally, if you had previous losses before 6 weeks, I would wait to see if I made it past that point before sharing. I will also be waiting for a heartbeat since we never got to hear it with our loss. I hope this is a sticky one for you!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo