Community post

Journal

2 years and counting

View Full Post

We've now been TTC for over 2 years. I had a feeling it wouldn't happen in an instant, since it took 17 months to conceive our son. But I didn't think we would get past 2 years to be honest. Af showed up this afternoon, so now it's yet another month of TTC.

User image

212 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

41 - 50 of 212 Comments | Last Page

Today's opk.

user submitted image

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

That looks good, Pandorica! O time is coming!
I, too, have been ttc for over two years, during which time I've had 2 m/c's and 2 cp's, a Hysteroscopy for polyps and an HSG. I'm very lucky that even at my age, my OB is really cheering us on to get pregnant. But I haven't even had a CP in the past year. I'm starting to feel like it may never happen.
So, my husband and I, while still ttc, are looking to adopt from the foster system. I keep feeling like there's a little one out there, longing to be held, just as much as my arms are aching from emptiness...

User image

5 years ago

Today's temp went up a little bit and I finally got my peak! Will bd tomorrow again, before my hubby leaves almost a week for work. Have started taking a new supplement (conceive plus) that has a higher level of some vitamins & minerals I need, including zinc. Will be fun to see if it works and if so, when. It's worth a try.

user submitted image

User image

Finally a non-questionable positive. for a golden egg and that it meets an equally golden sperm.

user submitted image

User image

That's wonderful!

User image

5 years ago

@Adoette - Thank you.

I'm approx 1 dpo, so now the torturous wait begins. It's going to be so hard not to test before 10 dpo. But I realize that it's only going to give me heartache if I test earlier than that. With my chemicals I usually get a squinter/faint line around 8-9 dpo that is barely visible only a day or two later. So 10 dpo is my earliest to test, but really hope I can resist until 11 or 12 dpo. At this point I'd rather not know if I have any more chemicals.

User image

@Pandorica--I totally hear you. It hurts so much to see the lines fade away and feel that hope dying. I have a 12 day luteal phase, so I try to not test until 12dpO, and sometimes, I don't even then. I'm 9dpO today and tbh, I am feeling really scared as testing day approaches... Some day, when we're holding our take-home rainbow babies, it will be nice to honor the losses along the way some how. But I feel like, just now, I'm still in the battle and have to concentrate on gaining the victory.

User image

5 years ago

@Adoette - I agree with you, especially that last part. Although I'm not sure I would count mine as a rainbow baby, since I have never gotten past 5 weeks. But that's just how I feel about my situation.

On another note, I'm officially in my two week wait. Confirmed ovulation after 3 higher temps. So now I'm going to try my absolute hardest not to test before 11 dpo. I even made mysel a countdown page in my TTC-bujo. Hopefully I can surprise my husband with a baby announcement on his birthday, that would be totally awesome. But I'm trying not to hope too much at the moment.

user submitted image

User image

@Pandorica--I know just what you mean! It sounds almost crazy, but we ttc'ers in the tww are so actively struggling to not hope too much... That pain of deflated hope adds so much to the regular painful disappointment... I think that's why we dread special days, some times. All the special days.
But I can hope for you!
I really, really hope that this is the One that catches and stays! May this be the best Daddy-birthday, ever!

User image

5 years ago

AF arrived today. Glad it's right on schedule! Back into the fray!

User image

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo