Community post

Journal

2 years and counting

View Full Post

We've now been TTC for over 2 years. I had a feeling it wouldn't happen in an instant, since it took 17 months to conceive our son. But I didn't think we would get past 2 years to be honest. Af showed up this afternoon, so now it's yet another month of TTC.

User image

212 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by laughs)

191 - 200 of 212 Comments | Last Page

With a flash

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Today's test so far hasn't been anything worthy of showing. It's barely noticable. Either my urine was too diluted, or those previous lines were some really bad evaps.. A few more days and I should know for sure which it is.

User image

Started spotting yesterday, which at first felt a bit odd since I thought I were only 11 dpo. My temps around O were not 100% reliable, so it's fairly possible I Oed 2 days earlier than FF pointed out. Which would mean I were 13 dpo yesterday and that makes perfect sense with the spotting, since I almost always start to spot at 13 dpo. Still spotting today and the tests show the same faint shadowy line, so I'm pretty sure those lines I've been seeing are only bad evaps. Almost every single line has shown up when the time's up and none of them have been visible in every light. That also explains why they're not getting any darker and why the two Clearblue's have been stark white.

So, I'm positively sure af will show up tomorrow. It sucks, but not much I can do about it anyway..

User image

Have still been getting that same faint line, no matter how diluted the urine are. Without a doubt it's evaps. Even more certain of it now that the witch arrived.. No use in temping any more either, since it's not as accurate as before. So, onto another month I guess.. Another month of hope and disappointment.

User image

I will try and be more relaxed this month. Which means no opk, no bbt and no charting otherwise. I've got two apps were I put in my cycle length and lmp. Hopefully I will be able to keep myself from testing before 13 dpo. I'm starting to feel that it's not much use in testing early, but to wait until I see if my spottings arrive on time or not.

In an attempt to relax more, I have been planning a whole lot of sewing. So far, with the fabrics I already have, I came up with 7 whole sets and some single clothing. A total of 40 pieces of clothing. In other words - I have a lot of sewing to do this summer. And hopefully I can manage to sell some of it too.

User image

My period ended a few days ago and so far, I'm trying not to count cycle days. I deleted the apps I had before, where I used to put in all my symptoms, CM and so on. Now I only have 2 were I enter my period days and that's it. Why 2? I haven't tried either of them before and I want to see which one I prefer.

So, my efforts to relax are actually going fine so far. I suspect it'll be a little bit harder when it's closer to my period. I kinda like not having to use OPKs or bbt now. I also decided not to take so many supplements as I used to, and only take the prenatal one with the folic acid.

Another change I've made are the morning walk. I took my soon 6 year old son with my for a walk up to a little lake nearby to see how long it would take. It took us about an hour back and forth, and are approx a little under 4,5 km. Now we take that walk every morning after breakfast and take our 2 dogs with us. Hopefully it will do at least something to those extra kilos I want to get rid of. This summer will be all about relaxing and getting in shape again. If that works for our TTC, then good! If not, well at least I'm healthier and that's not a bad thing.

User image

Sneaking in with a small update. I'm not having any problems with trying to destress, which means I'm feeling more relaxed about this ttc than I have been for at least a year or more. It's easy to feel anxious and stressed when you feel like the months just fly by. It's almost been 2,5 years now and I never thought that it would take us this long to conceive. Hopefully this summer will bring us some luck, otherwise I have my plan for the fall.

I feel like my body doesn't like it when I try supplements that are supposed to enhance fertility. Either I gav really bad ovulation pain, or none at all. Sometimes it also delayes my ovulation. But not that I only take the prenatal one (and my allergy pill), I'm ovulating right as expected and my usual ovulation pain are back. I guess I should take it as a sign to stop experimenting with all those different supplements.

User image

I know what you mean. I’m down to my regular regimen, too. You have inspired me to try and de-stress a bit more this summer, too. I don’t want to miss today, trying to run and catch up with tomorrow!

User image

4 years ago

@Adoette - It's so easy getting caught up in ttc and that longing for a child, I think we sometimes forget to breathe. At least that's how it's been for me. I hope I've finally reached that point of acceptance that it'll probably take some time to conceive and that I'm already doing my best. When we were ttc our son I reached that point only a few months before we conceived (17 months in total). This time it took a little while longer, but it's probably because I didn't expect it to take this long this time around.

User image

Ugh. Trying to keep myself calm, but I’m frustrated about different types of HCG tests. Yesterday I got a clear light positive (when dry) on my preferred brand (First Signal) after only 2hr hold in early afternoon. Then today I got only a very faint positive on FRER with FMU. And it’s 13 dpO. So, am I looking at a difference in test types, or another chemical? Ugh.
Here’s yesterday’s:

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo