Community post

Journal

2 years and counting

View Full Post

We've now been TTC for over 2 years. I had a feeling it wouldn't happen in an instant, since it took 17 months to conceive our son. But I didn't think we would get past 2 years to be honest. Af showed up this afternoon, so now it's yet another month of TTC.

User image

212 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

171 - 180 of 212 Comments | Last Page

Sorry for the bad quality. I don't know what happened with this pic!

user submitted image

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

Aaand I just started spotting.. It's like my body's saying "dream on, I won't be keeping this one either".

User image

Oh, no! I am so sorry. Praying for you.

User image

4 years ago

Started bleeding yesterday evening, so now it's full flow. Woke up with a small migrane too, to top it all off.. Thankfully, my husband is taking our 5yo (soon 6) to visit his parents today, so that I can relax for a few hours.

User image

I'm sitting here thinking about different causes for chemical pregnancy. I've read about NK cells, progesterone deficency, chromosomal defects and so on. But I'm starting to question if all my chemicals were actual chemicals. It doesn't feel normal to see a faint line almost every singel month for 2,5 years. The weird part is that I have never gotten a clear line on a 25mlU test, so my hcg aren't getting higher than that. And that is what's making me wonder weither it's chemical pregnancies or something else. Maybe my body just sends out a higher dose of hcg to prepare my body for a fertilized egg, but then it doesn't implant at all and that's why it isn't higher than like 25. I don't know if there's any possibility for that, it was just a thought that crossed my mind.

Also thought about the possibility that NK cells could be the problem. Especially since I already have Fibromyalgia and my immune system are on a "higher alert" due to that and my allergies. Guess there's no way to know without getting some help from a clinic or something. It's starting to feel a bit discouraging that we are approaching 2,5 years of ttc. I never thought it would take this long to be honest. I thought we would be pregnant within the year.

Just needed to rant a bit..

User image

It's so hard to know what's going on. I think they do some heavy treatments for NK cells, but I don't really know... This whole journey is challenging.

User image

4 years ago

So, haven't posted here in a while. Have been busy studying and with other stuff. I'm really looking forward to some time off this summer, even if it means I don't get any money. Didn't get any job this summer, so have to use the little money I saved. Gosh, this last course are a real pain in the ass! The last few days of studying always ends with me getting a migraine. I'm not even close to finished and it's due at 4 in the afternoon this upcoming friday.. So I'll just have to do my best and submit it. The worst that could happen is that I have to do it again. So far I've only have one exam that I didn't pass and are waiting to try again. I've passed all the other exams and assignments, so that's good at least.

When it comes to ttc, I'm just entering my fertile week. I've skipped opk and are relying on my body signals and temp to confirm. I'm taking borage oil this time too, but I'm going to stop when I reach cd 12, so about 2 more days to go. Hopefully I ovulate around cd 16 as usual, or at least only a day or two later.

User image

Another week has passed since I last wrote. Currently in my fertile week and are just waiting to see when my temp goes up. Around cd 10-11 I had a light pinching pain in my ovaries, but that disappeared and I haven't felt anything since then. I guess it's one of those months were I don't get any ov pains. It remains to be seen if that's a good sign or not. I will try my hardest not to test too early.

I only have a week left of studying, and then I have almost 3 months until my studies start up again. It's going to be so good to be able to do something else besides studying. We have a ton of stuff to do with our house, so at least I won't get bored.

User image

How did the borage oil seem to go this time?

User image

4 years ago

@Adoette - So far pretty much the same. I haven't had that intense ovulation pain as last time though. Today I only feel that slight sore feeling around my ovaries, as I usually do after the egg released. So I hope it means I'll get a bigger temp rise soon. And then it's only a waiting game to find out if it did anything else other than helping with my pms.

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo