Community post

Journal

2 years and counting

View Full Post

We've now been TTC for over 2 years. I had a feeling it wouldn't happen in an instant, since it took 17 months to conceive our son. But I didn't think we would get past 2 years to be honest. Af showed up this afternoon, so now it's yet another month of TTC.

User image

212 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

111 - 120 of 212 Comments | Last Page

@Ella55 - 12 or 11 dpo today. Took another one this morning and still barely a squinter. I've been feeling really cold today and got some uncomfortable stabbing like pain too. Which unfortunately are my normal symptoms around 12-13 dpo and a sign that af is on her way in a few days...

User image

4 years ago • Post starter

I Still see it! Hoping it gets darker!

User image

4 years ago

Don't have any regular strips left, only one digital and one to my monitor. The monitor still says "Not Pregnant" and when I went to the bathroom I saw some light brown spotting and are having som light cramps. Right on time unfortunately... Which means af will arrive before sunday. Last night I mentally prepared myself for another month of trying and ordered som dip strips that I actually trust and that are sensitive. Thinking of trying baby aspirin next month too, along with some progesterone cream. It hasn't worked the last few times I combined them, but I have to try again. Don't know what else to try.

User image

Hey Pandorica i always take baby aspirin post-O (been pregnant twice doing that) but haven't made a sticky baby yet. I just started progesterone cream last night and my temp was up this morning. 6 DPO today. I've heard the progesterone cream can't hurt so if you see some spotting before AF it might be a good thing for you to be using. Good luck and you're not out till the witch shows her face!

4 years ago

@lissa645 - I tried progesterone cream a few times before, but never more than 2 months in a row. Never noticed anything different with my temps or spotting. I guess I need to try it a bit longer, for a few months, and see how it works.

I just ordered some supplements with borage seed oil in them. Heard of several women getting pregnant thanks to them. And I have fair sensitive skin that easily gets dry, so at least it may help with that. My plan is to take those up until ovulation and then start with progesterone cream and baby aspirin after.

User image

Aaaand the witch just got me.. So, I just ordered som Borage oil. I heard of several women where Borage oil helped them get pregnant. I'll take them up to ovulation and then switch to baby aspirin and progesterone cream after.

User image

CD 4 and the bleeding is starting to go away, today it's more like dark spotting. Still have about 2 days of lighter spotting after too. Wish I could make the spotting go away. It's a bit irritating to spot for 2 days, bleed for 3-4 days and then another 2-3 days of spotting. The spotting after I can understand, since it's the leftover blood that comes out. But I don't like the spotting before af..

Oh well. I feel surprisingly good despite it not being our month. I feel like I may have come to a point were I just get a bit irritated, and then that's it. I realized I can't do more than I already am, since it's to expensive to go to a private clinic. I think I would probably feel a bit different if we were ttc our first. But then again, if we were ttc our first then we would get help from our health care system with both fertility checks and treatments. So sad that they seem to think that once you have a child, then you have to settle for that and "figure it out" by ourselves if it doesn't work. In some countys (we call it "län") you can still get a fertility check or treatments despite already having a child, but then there's a "private pricetag". In other countys, they don't even let you do that. And unfortunately, my county don't let you get help even though you pay privately.

That's why I try different supplements, in hope that something might help us. We did a fertility check in 2012, but that's 7 years ago and a lot can happen in those years. I'm thinking about paying for some bloodworks trough a private company that offers bloodworks for different things, where fertility bloodwork are one of them. At least then I will know if it's me that's the cause, or if it may be my husband.

User image

@Pandorica--So sad that this wasn't your month. I'm glad that you have a plan for how to proceed from here. I just wish that you could get some help. Maybe the blood tests will give you some answers.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if fertility was considered a basic health issue, like mammograms? Really, it is.

User image

4 years ago

@Adoette - Yeah, that would be awesome. I think that society take fertility issues way too lightly. Or almost everything evolving women are taken too lightly. I'm studying to become a healt care administrator and the stuff we read are both interesting and disturbing. Knowing that women and men are treated differently by the health care system, mostly to our disadvantage.

User image

I wish that was shocking, but sadly it's not. We've come a long way, but there's still so much to be done.

User image

4 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo