Community post

Question

Is it AF or implantation bleeding?

OK ladies, I'm probably clutching at straws but here it goes!

Last month my cycle was 30 days long and according to FF and CCTP my luteal phase was 17 days. Just as I was getting exciting to test on 18DPO my AF started. Typical! I usually have a regular 14 day luteal phase.

This cycle I ovulated on CD10 when I normally ovulate on CD13. So 3 days earlier. Because of my long cycle last month I'm now confused with when I should actually expect my AF.

I'm 13DPO today (Sunday) and yesterday I had a bit of spotting when checking my cervix, and today so light I didn't even fill one panty liner. Light pink and brown (not red). So if I take my longest cycle from last month, I'm not due for another 5 days - Friday. Could it be possibly be implantation bleeding or is this early spotting before my AF?

BFNs so far, but I read it would take at least 2-3 after implantation bleeding to give a positive test anyway.

Your thoughts are appreciated!

xx

User image

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

It really could go either way! I believe that until af really starts you arent out. All you can do is play the waiting game.

5 years ago

Thank you! I think I'm clutching at straws but at least I now have more data to refer back to in future cycles and compare! xxx

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Really no way to know at this point.

????????????

5 years ago

So I’m in the same boat. Have you started or have you tested?

5 years ago

It was AF on its way. Started yesterday. xx

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo