Community post

Question

When Should I Take a Pregnancy Test?

I got a solid smiley (using ClearBlue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test) on 01/05/19. My cycle started on 12/23/18 and I have a 25-26 day normal cycle. I want to start testing tomorrow or Saturday but I’m not sure if that’s too soon. AF is due next Thursday or Friday so technically this Saturday (01/12/19) is 5-6 days before AF. Thoughts? Suggestions?

7 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 7 of 7 Answers

I am never able to wait and I usually test 5 to 6 days before my missed period using the First Response 6 days sooner and I've also had good luck with some that I've found on Amazon. Just be prepared that if it is negative it doesn't mean you're out! Good luck!

Colton "Casually" TTC #2 Go Bills!

5 years ago

Thanks! I have a ton of the cheaply sticks from amazon so I’m gonna start w/ a couple of those!!!!

5 years ago • Post starter

Ooo our cycle dates are the same. I ovulated on cd10 though (1/1) so I'm 10DPO today. I've been testing on cheapies already but get negative results. Going to try an FRER on Sunday I think which is 12DPO. Good luck! xx

User image

5 years ago

Ooooh yay! GL!!!! I actually went back through my old posts from when I got pregnant w/ my son to see when I got my BFP w/ him and my HPTs were negative up until 15 DPO! I do plan to test w/ an OPK starting at 8 DPO bc w/ him I got a line much darker than the control line and read a doctor’s post on another site that if the OPK continues to stay dark or darker than the control it means pregnancy.

Any update? xx

User image

5 years ago

So I took a cheapy test and a FRER on Saturday and they both negative. I’ve decided not to test again bc coincidentally today is my annual checkup for a Pap smear at my OBGYN so they will take urine there his afternoon. What about you???

Cramps and spotting this morning and so I’m expecting AF to come on full force by later this evening. ????????

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo