Community post

Question

BBT confusion

Hello! So, I just started taking my BBT mid-cycle and I’m still a bit confused. I’ve only been taking it for 3 days and my temperature keep increasing. On the 6th, it was 97.4, the 7th was 97.9 and today is 98.1. I keep my room the same temperature and go to bed at the same time and wake to take it at the same time.

Is it normal for my temperature to be rising like this? Or could something be affecting it? Sorry for a long post and question

user submitted image

User image

3 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Hi! Since you started taking your temp mid cycle this is probably completely normal. Your temperature rises after ovulation and remains elevated until you get your next period. Some people get a dip around the time of implantation followed by a rise and sustained higher temps throughout pregnancy! Good luck!!

5 years ago

Thank you! I’ll keep temping, hopefully I’ll notice a trend in my average temperature before my next cycle

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

You can expect your temp to stay elevated and/or keep rising whether you are pregnant or not (assuming you have already ovulated). You will get a big dip right before your period around 14 DPO. Then it will stay low until you ovulate again. Just keep temping and learn the pattern that is specific to you. After one or two cycles you will get the hang of it. If 14 days pass and your temp is still high and you have not gotten your period, you should take an HPT!! Best of luck to you!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo