Community post

Journal

Heartbroken

Today was a horrible day for me I found out today that we lost our little peanut our little one stopped growing at 8weeks 2 days and no longer had a heartbeat. It’s been a rough day! The doctor gave me 3 options, 1 option is to wait it out and let my body take care of it naturally or option 2 was to get some medication to jump start the process, or option 3 is to go in for a d&c. I’ve always had a natural miscarriage and never had to choose anything my body did it on its own but since this was a missed miscarriage I’m wondering if I need to have the d&c and other mommies gone thru a d&c or have any advice?!

User image

4 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 4 of 4 Comments

I'm so sorry love. I dont have any personal experience with having to make a choice on how to handle a loss. But whatever choice you make will be the right one for you. There is no wrong way. I wish I could be helpful. We are all here for you

5 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss and have been where you are. I opted to have the D&C because that's what the Dr thought was best but its 100% your desicion and that can never be wrong. I know its scary and heart breaking and I truly feel for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

5 years ago

Im sorry for your loss. I have had three miscarriages. One of which I did have d&c. The d&c was easier for me in the physical sense. The bleeding was very minimal and I didn't have too much pain. Emotionally it was harder for me because I didn't haveuch time to process what was going on and I was 14 weeks so I wanted to see my baby's face which I obviously didn't. I don't really regret it because I was hanging on by a thread and it was probably best for me. There is no right or wrong answer, just what you can handle.

5 years ago

Thanks everyone. Nothing is easy for me right now. It’s not my first miscarriage I’ve been thru it before but it’s so different this time. My others I didn’t get to see my little bean and it’s tiny little heartbeat. It’s so hard knowing that I’m still carrying around what could have been my little baby and knowing he/she is no longer with us.

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo