Community post

Information

Timeline of events- Miscarriage

At 7 wks I noticed my symptoms seemed to be waning not progressing so I went in for an US and hcg check. Baby had stopped developing around 5 wks and my levels were dropping. I’ve been thru a DNC as well as meds to induce spontaneous abortion and both were horrible. This time I chose to wait it out and let my body take care of itself. So it went like this...found out on Wednesday that the pregnancy wasn’t viable. Began spotting brown by Friday. By Sunday my lower back was aching, I was having cramps and my vag was hurting (pretty sure it was due to dilation.). I then began bleeding pretty heavily and passed a large amount of tissue. So I’m thinkin the worst is over and now I’m just waiting on the bleeding to stop so I can try again next cycle. Just thought I’d let y’all know my experience as I was not sure what to expect.

Paige

11 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 11 Comments | Last Page

So sorry to hear this. I went through this in December 2014 - January 2015. I had blighted ovum. I choose the pill to cause everything to pass and then that didn't work 100% so had to have the DNC anyways. It really sucks and the pain that comes with trying to pass it without the DNC freaking hurts. Wishing you the best of luck next cycle!

Colton "Casually" TTC #2 Go Bills!

5 years ago

Thanks for sharin ur story w me. That was quite some time ago...were u able to go on to have other children? Did u only experience that once? This is #5 for me. Ima keep tryin tho! Least till my body totally quits on me...which might be sooner rather than later; I’m 40 lol. Take care!

Paige

5 years ago • Post starter

That was my first experience with a miscarriage. We then had our son who just turn 3 on 12/16. I am now 8 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound at 6 weeks and all looked well and I have another one tomorrow that I'm pretty nervous for because, like you, my symptoms have pretty much diminished. Good luck to you!

Colton "Casually" TTC #2 Go Bills!

5 years ago

I'm so sorry that you went through this. I had a similar experience in October. I was 7 weeks, but had been watching slow hcg progression and spotting from 5 weeks on. I knew most likely it would be a loss, but kept up the hope. I also opted to do the natural way at home and had a similar experience to you. I did initially regret doing it that way, as I didn't start to bleed for several days after I knew it was over, and those days were so hard, but in the end it was better. They didn't follow my hcg after 80, so I didn't know when my next cycle started. I did get pregnant in a shocking twist in December, but I was just 5 weeks when I lost that pregnancy as well. I'm currently 4 weeks now! I wish you the best of luck, you're obviously a strong lady. I hope you find lots of support on your journey from this forum.

5 years ago

Hi ladies im so sorry for your loss I totally know how it feels till this day i think about my misscarriages, i had a beautiful healthy baby girl in 2015 fell pregnant twice again in 2016 both misscarriages at 8 weeks, 2017 had a beautiful healthy baby boy, fell pregnant again 2018 another 2 misscarriages but my last misscarriage was the worst of all! I couldn’t do the natural way or dnc because i had twins and they were both sitting in a very strange spot even doctors were baffled! Turns out they were sitting just on my previous c section scar both with heart beats but at 9 weeks heart beats stopped so i had to take methotrexate injection to make them dissolve ????
I dont wish anyone to go through this pain
Hoping for a BFP SOON! ??

4 years ago

@jessesgirl just saw in your gallery that your pregnant again. Congratulations! How are things going? I had a blighted ovum last month at 7 weeks. Took the medication to complete the miscarriage but passed most of it on my own before taking the pill. I'm on my first cycle post M/C and actively ttc again. I'm 3 DPO and will be testing again in a couple of weeks. I'm 41 and starting to lose hope after 1 CP and a M/C in 7 months of ttc.

4 years ago

Hey Lissa645! Yes, I’m currently 7 wks. The doc said she was “cautiously optimistic” bout this one....saw the yolk sac, fetal pole and heartbeat but is concerned bout the shape of my gestational sac. I go again tomorrow for another scan so fingers crossed. Good luck this month on ur bfp! And hey, don’t give up...I’ll be 41 next month myself. We’ve been ttc for 2 yrs now. Although I’m on #8, one is bound to stick sooner or later.

Paige

4 years ago • Post starter

@Jesse yup that's what i keep sayin -- it's a numbers game! Each loss is just so painful tho, i wish we didn't have to go through those to get the end goal. But i have a great feeling that this is your take home baby! Good luck! I'll keep trying my best. So funny we are the same age! How were your cycles after the M/C? Mine has been kind of wonky this month. I "ovulated" according to positive digital OPK and confirmed (small) temp rise on CD 19 (counted first day of MC bleeding as CD1) which is really close to my normal ovulation day (usually CD16-18 but CD19 is not out of the ordinary). I say "ovulated" in quotes because i'm not entirely sure i released an egg. My post O temps have been lower than previous cycles (barely 0.2 above coverline) and also my cm has been creamy but mixed with a little watery here and there. I don't feel any of my post-O symptoms (i'm usually burning up). I ordered some progesterone cream today to start until AF arrives just in case. If my temp stays above coverline for a few more days, i'll start the cream. Otherwise i'll be looking for ewcm and another LH surge if my temps drop again.

4 years ago

Hey. I hope ur right bout this bein my take home baby. Like u said, this roller coaster of ttc sucks!! My cycles after each mc went right back to normal (pretty good for an ole gal lol). There were many months I got pregnant back to back. I don’t temp but I used opks and progesterone suppositories. The secret weapon I think is Preseed. If u don’t have that in ur arsenal u should. It’s really a lubricant but it creates the perfect ph and cm for the swimmers. Good luck on ur journey and keep me posted. I’ll do the same. Where u from btw? I’m in SC.

Paige

4 years ago • Post starter

Hey Jessesgirl -- i live in GA (north of atl). We are practically neighbors! We do use pre-seed but sometimes i forget in the "heat of the moment" LOL! I'm so happy for you and i'm praying for you! Keep me posted. Can't wait to hear about your next scan!

4 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo