Community post

Discussion

The anticipation is torture

I am currently on CD 33, was expecting my period Dec 7th and it still has not showed. I've had two negative pregnancy test, one on Sunday afternoon and the other yesterday (Tuesday) morning. I am still on birth control; Its the mini pill since I was breastfeeding my youngest. He turned a year old in August and I have not nursed him since his birthday. My period returned within days of weaning and has been incredibly irregular, cycle days being: 11, 33, 14, 21, and then the current cycle of 33 today. So since this matches my second cycle I have been trying to be patient and telling myself its still evening out. With my other two children I had positive pregnancy test days before my period was even due...However this time I haven't tracked ovulation or intercourse due to the birth control. I was not on birth control when I fell pregnant before...So I am keeping consideration of a later ovulation and will probably test again on Friday.

My husband and I have intentions to try for baby #3 in the very near future, so even if my birth control did/does fail we would be happy!! I was just hoping to plan a spring baby since I already have one born in October the other August. I had so many mixed emotions receiving the negative test since we have discussed planning. He doesn't care about the timing at all so sharing with him this situation I fear has him also uneasy.

Also yesterday I've started having some sharp pains, I have had these pains on and off throughout the years...But it's slightly more intense so I am wondering if maybe I have developed another cyst (I had a confirmed cyst during my second pregnancy so I just assume these pains are cyst) and that is whats preventing a period for me. Would seeing my OB benefit me should it be a cyst? Would they just shove pain killers my way and tell me to deal with it?? Id hate to drop another $15 for a pregnancy test via urine sample ( that's what they made me do last pregnancy) just to be told its negative...So many different things to consider and factor in. I wish there was a simple answer to all my concerns...

0 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo