Community post

Question

Today would mark me being 10 weeks 4 days.........but......

However, I have yet to hear lil jelly beans heartbeat on my home doppler.....how long did it take before you heard it and well I dont have gel. I do have baby oil though and it does conduct well as i have used it to hear my own heart beat...it picks it up fantastically. However I havent been able to hear babys heartbeat, im almost 11 weeks pregnant shouldnt i be able to hear it now??? I have taken like 10+ tests and they all came back positive.... but i dont hear it and im setting up a drs appointment soon to check out why that may be. would my weight be a factor? I am a little heavier then my last two pregnancies.

6 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Answers (sorted by informative)

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Hello, I'm 15 weeks pregnant and I wasnt able to get my LOs heart beat on the doppler until 12 weeks plus. And I'm a fluffy person too! My doc said that size does play a factor. And just as a side note....we call ours Jelly Bean too!! Lol

User image

5 years ago

Go very low... like right above your lady parts low... there is usuly less chub and fatty tissue to go through. I found my little ones heart beat down low, very very low. I couldn't hear it through the chub...... I'm fluffy as well! Lol

Mill

5 years ago

I will try that thank you and well I hope to find little Jelly beans heartbeat soon, I wish I wasn't so fluffy hahahaha... would having a c-section scar be an affect to it?

5 years ago • Post starter

I was 16wks with my 1st, 8 with 2nd. Aloe vera gel for sunburns works wonders and it is a cpl of dollars at the store. Most girls use it instead on the expensive stuff. Like someone else mentioned, right above your pelvic bone. It can take awhile sometimes and that's why drs say dont use them cause it can cause panic. Good luck mama!

5 years ago

Hi! If you don't have doppler gel, use Aloe Vera Gel or personal lubricant. The baby's heartbeat is very low on your abdomen -- about at the hairline at this point. At 10 1/2 weeks, there is still a good chance you won't be able to find it on your doppler. More than 11 weeks increases your odds, and you should be able to find it by 12+weeks.
I do have one more piece of advice for you -- minimize how often you expose your baby to the Doppler waves. I love the fact that we can check on our babies at home, but there are some concerns about the safety of the doppler for frequent use. The ultrasound waves can affect the baby's cells if used too much. So, use it sparingly and practice trusting your body and your baby!

5 years ago

i have tried going lower but i am waiting now on drs appointment for ultrasound to see where baby is....so far there isnt any panic as im aware baby is still with me, always lets me know right away in the morning hahaha...little jellybean is a stubborn little bean...

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo