Community post

Discussion

Chemical pregnancy

Hey I was wondering what other people’s stories are I had a chem preg 11/8 and had light bleeding the a week later bfn .. I was wondering who else has had this and if so how long after did u get pregnant? or not ? Looking for Insite can’t help but to be anxious now I’m 7dpo and talking my self out of a pregnancy test because I’m afraid due for af in a week

5 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

Hello! I'm on CD11 of my 3rd cycle after a chemical.
Everyone has a different experience but this was mine.
The month after my chemical I had a longer than normal cycle with several lh surges. My cycle was 36 days compared to a normal 28-29. My period was super quick and light.
The following cycle was slightly longer than normal coming in at 31 days, normal period. I did not track ovulation that cycle because I was mad.
This month seems to be going well, I'm using opks and seeing the lines progressively get darker. I think I will o in the next couple days. My cm also is more like how it was before my chemical.

I have heard lots and lots of stories of people get pregnant right after a chemical, unfortunately that wasn't my story. It had taken a couple cycles for me to feel like it's a normal one for me.
I'm so sorry for your loss, it sucks. I hope you fall pregnant very quickly!

5 years ago

I had a chemical in July and got pregnant in my Sept cycle. I didn't ovulate at all in Aug.

User image

5 years ago

I've been TTC for almost 2 years now and the majority of my cycles have been chemical pregnancies. Since most women don't experience that many chemicals, so I guess I'm more of an "extreme case". For me, my cycles have been normal every time after a chemical and so far no luck getting pregnant and keeping it.

User image

5 years ago

Hi Appleseed, I’m so sorry for your loss. I had a chemical pregnancy in Oct. Got a faint positive hpt at 10 and 12 dpo, and confirmed at drs. By 14 dpo I started feeling cramps and had some light spotting. Took another test, it was neg and dr had me get blood drawn at ER. That was also low but had traces of HCG. I started a heavy period 3 days later than my usual AF, and it lasted a couple days longer as well. Got blood test rechecked a week later and HCG was back to normal non pregnant level.
Next cycle AF was also 3 days late, and now I’m in the 2 week wait. I think it takes a while for the body to adjust. Best of luck to you!

5 years ago

I’ve had a few myself and was able to get prego the next cycle. Good luck.

Paige

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo