Community post

Journal

Crazy cycles after iud

Well since having my iud in for 4 years and having it removed back in May, I have yet to have a regular cycle. I didn’t get my first cycle after removal until the end of July. My cycle following that was 42 days long. So I was expecting a long on again in September-October but that one was only 36 days. Now I am in my oct-nov cycle and I am on day 40. Not sure what to think at this point. I had planned for ovulation to be that off of a 36 day cycle. Now being six days late for a 36 day cycle and still getting negatives, I was sure I missed the window. But now I looked at when ovulation would have been for a 42 day cycle and I hit exactly on ovulation day! It is crazy that it was t something I thought would happen. I am still hopeful at this point but also trying not to get my hopes up too high.

I wish I knew what was going on with my body. Everything has been so weird and up and down. I wish it would just get to being regular. I will never get an iud again! It has been 7 months of waiting and trying. I am an emotional wreck and driving myself crazy!

Any success stories after an iud with weird cycles? I am grasping at straws right now!

User image

2 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 2 of 2 Comments

I got pregnant after our and she's 5 years old now. So keep going it will regulate. It took us 6 months to conceive. Good luck Hun!!!

5 years ago

I am experiencing the same issue. I took out my IUD in April, started trying in July. My period is regular though, yet I still haven't gotten pregnant. I know about two friends of mine who got their IUD out and got pregnant almost immediately. All we can do is hope and pray that it happens soon.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo