Community post

Question

Chemical Pregnancy? Not sure what to think.

So, I had a chemical pregnancy last year when we weren't trying. This is the second month we've kinda sorta been trying. Well my period was late, at at just one day late, I got a very faint positive on an Equate early response test (that was even the consensus here in the photo gallery). Well, the next couple of days I had symptoms that mirrored the chemical pregnancy from last year: feeling "period-ish," mild cramping, brown spotting, period cramps. But then that stopped. I've gotten a few more faint positives on dip strip pregnancy tests, and I have NOT started my period.

However, at the Dr.'s today, the urine test came back negative. The Dr. said this wouldn't even count as a chemical pregnancy, I guess because there was no medical proof of pregnancy--last time there were blood test results to confirm the HCG bc of concerns about ectopic pregnancy.

But here's the thing guys--I am REALLY regular, and I have literally NEVER skipped a period. Doc says that stress can cause your body to do weird things, mess up cycles, and even skipping periods is not abnormal, but it IS ABNORMAL for me. I AM stressed with work, but I am often stressed with work, and it's never screwed up my body this much.

And I still haven't gotten a period...

What do you think? Was I pregnant and was this a chemical pregnancy, even if the it won't be on my record? Anyone ever have something similar happen? What should my next steps be moving forward in TTC?

1 Answer • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi, I just had a chemical pregnancy last month as well. I had faint positives at home at 10dpo and at dr office at 12 dpo. At just 14 dpo I went back in due to spotting. Urine test was negative but I had low levels of HCG in blood (6 I think) Dr had me follow up with blood sample after a week to be sure HCG was back down and a D&C wasn’t required. if this is a chemical for you, HCG will drop and you’ll eventually start period. I started mine 3 days later than normal. Definitely follow up with Dr soon if you have no change or still test positive! Good luck to you.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo