Community post

Question

Cycle length after Chemical Pregnancy

Hi all, what was your experience after a chemical pregnancy as far as cycle length, ovulation date, first period etc?
I had a chemical pregnancy last month and got a heavy period 3 days after normal AF was due. This month I’m 3 days late so far with BFN and no signs of AF yet. Maybe I ovulated late or not at all? I do not track. I’ll continue to wait a few days and retest. What was your experience?

5 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Answers

Everyone has a different experience. After my chemical I had an longer than normal cycle 34 days, compared to my normal 28. I normally track o with opk but the month after my chemical I stopped because i had several surges during that month. This is my 2nd cycle post loss and so far I am on CD 30. I did not track anything this month.

5 years ago

Thank you Essence, I’m sorry for your loss. It sounds like it’s normal to have an off month or two to get back to a normal cycle. Are you planning to test soon? Best of luck to you

5 years ago • Post starter

I'm planning on testing friday....not ready to see that negative if that's what its gonna be!
Good luck to you! So many people have told me that the 3 months after a loss you are more likely to concieve!

5 years ago

My cycles pretty much went back to their normal length right away (they were actually even 1 day shorter) but for the next 2 cycles I didn't notice any fertile CM at all. I'm pretty sure I still ovulated because I got a positive opk and ovulation pain and my cycles were their normal length. This is my third cycle post CP and I finally did get fertile CM when I usually do (3 days before O). I'm very sorry for your loss. Best of luck to you!

5 years ago

I think I had a CP last month. I got a vvfp on CD 32, then I started bleeding 2 days later. It started out heavy and went on for 6 days followed by two days of spotting which is very unusual for me. I tried OPKs after that cycle and didn't get a positive until CD 19. 9 days later I stared what I thought was spotting, but turned into a full blown period the next day. This time my period was typical. I think, last cycle was either anovulatory or I somehow missed my LH surge and had a second later LH surge.

<a href=

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo