Community post

Information

Opks as an hpt test?

I’ve always seen where folks debate on whether or not u can use an opk to detect pregnancy, so I decided to test it out myself. I’m currently 16 dpo w numberous positive pregnancy tests. (I use cheapies which usually have a really low sensitivity level like 20 I think). I have the Clearblue Digital Opk kit. It came back w a big fat circle meaning negative. So there u go. Maybe they work later on when ur levels are really high, but not at 4 weeks.

Paige

8 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 8 of 8 Comments

I think a lot of people have different experiences with this. When I was pregnant my opk strips came back super positive for 2 days before hpt. And continued to be positive. But that's just my experience and my hormones :) its interesting to hear everyones.

5 years ago

Maybe it’s the diff between reg tests and digitals...I know Digital hpt tests are not near as sensitive as regular ones. I can get a positive on a cheapie at 8dpo but have to wait till 14-16 to get one on a Digital. (I hope that’s it anyway... now I’m gettin nervous maybe this is gonna be another chemical and my levels aren’t goin up ????)

Paige

5 years ago • Post starter

Oh no! I dont think that's it. I think everyone is just different and the tests are differant. I had blazing postive opk and ended up with a 5 week loss. So i dont think that's an indicator

5 years ago

I was having blazing positive hpts but opks were still negative so definitely different for every one xx

5 years ago

Ok ladies...I’m now 21 dpo. (This has been worrying me) So I tried the Opk again today and got my constant smiley face meaning positive or peak ovulation...aka pregnant! So opks can be used as hcg tests, but in my case, it took awhile longer. I got a positive bfp on a cheapie hcg test about 10 days sooner.

Paige

I’m 9 days late and lh tests are all positive

??

5 years ago

Have u taken a hcg test yet?

Paige

I’m testing thanksgiving

??

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo