Community post

Question

Early ovulation?

I've tried googling but not really getting clear answers. How early can you ovulate in a cycle?
The problem I have right now is that my cycles are all over the place and by my app I'm 2 days late.
It's the longest cycle I've had since March.
We only dtd once this month and it was too early by my app but I'm wondering if I could have ovulated earlier. I've not really been tracking ovulation recently as we've had a lot going on. I've taken a test and it's negative but I have none of the usual signs of impending af apart from a couple of really sharp twinges.
I have no idea what's going on although I'm assuming my body is just playing tricks on me and will jump out and yell surprise in the next couple of days. I just don't know what's going on and I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up.

6 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Answers

Hello! Longer cycles mean later ovulation as your luteal phase (number of days between O and AF) is generally the same from cycle to cycle. So you really wouldn't have ovulated early and be having a longer cycle unless you're pregnant. Have you tested?

5 years ago

Nevermind, I just reread and saw that your test was negative so I would say that you ovulated late or may not have ovulated yet this cycle. If it keeps happening I would try to go back to tracking ovulation so you can figure it out.

5 years ago

Thank you. I've realised we may have dtd later than I thought, I had to ask my husband as we've been so busy I couldn't actually remember and the date he told me really doesn't sound right.
I don't know, I'm pretty sure I'm out this month, as I'm sure it would show up on a test by now, but this waiting for af to show is so annoying and frustrating!

5 years ago • Post starter

I hope AF or your BFP show soon! I know the wondering is frustrating!

5 years ago

Don't lowe hope until af shows stay positive. It will happen its discouraging to wait I know but be patient and your questions will be answered.

My bundle of joy can in 2016 my dd. Now for another sister or brother.

5 years ago

Everyone is so different with ovulation and it can change over time . So annoying! I know someone who ovulates day 8 of her cycle which is pretty darn early. I get the hopes up thing though- but still time :).

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo