Community post

Question

Cramping after Birth Control

I know, another birth control question but I was concerned and still am a little. I went off of birth control on 10/28/18 (last pill in the pack). On Tuesday, 11/6/18 I had serious cramping for a few hours like I was going to get my period. Any thoughts? It has sense passed. My last period started ~10/24/18 so, although now my cycles will be wonky since going off the pill, I am obviously not due for my period until ~11/19/18.

Colton "Casually" TTC #2 Go Bills!

1 Answer • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

I thought this was the case, so I did some research "Withdrawal bleeding, also known as a hormonal period or fake period, is the monthly bleeding women experience while using a hormonal birth control method, such as the Pill, the patch, or the NuvaRing. ... Monthly withdrawal bleeding is not the same thing, though, as having a real menstrual period."

So that's why when you go off the pill your cycles can be so crazy. You could totally be getting your period. When I went off bc. I bleed for 2 weeks, one was breakthrough bleeding and then I got my normal period right after.

I hope this helps!

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo