Community post

Question

Upper abdominal pain 5 weeks pregnant

Hi all... I'm 5wks 4 days pregnant and I've been having abdominal pain(mild) around the belly button and sides. I feel hardening around the belly button and if I press my belly button it hurts a little. Is it normal during pregnancy? Has anyone experienced the same? I got an appointment with my obgyn after 2 weeks but this seems to concern me a lot. Pls help !

3 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 3 of 3 Answers

Personally, I had weird belly pain and I've read others having it too. The thing is that reporting of pain intensity and symptoms really varies by person. Whenever I've felt something of concern, I usually make a quick call to the nurses line at my provider's office to ask. It's usually a quick call and then I know if it's ok and what to look out for. As a doula when pregnant moms call me, if she said what you said, that's what I would tell her to do.

5 years ago

Please I do not want to scare you. However, I suffered a mmc in August. The only thing I had was this same pain. However I dismissed it because I thought it was from my gallbladder surgery I had a year prior to that. So finally after a few days of it I called my doctor. They got me in thinking it was a UTI. Sadly my precious girl had passed. Please at least ask.

Married 2011 dd1 6/04 dd2 10/06 dd3 4/13 dd4 mmc 9/16/18 ttc#5 :

5 years ago

Thanks for ur replies.. I got an appointment yesterday with my obgyn. He said he wouldn't be concerned if the pain is not constant and asked to call back if the pain worsens or so.... I've my ultrasound next week.. Hope everything goes well..

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo