Community post

Question

Recently Vegetarian and irregular cycles and spotting

I've had some issues with my period the last few months. it started when I went vegetarian about 3 months ago my period's became longer not super heavy just more days.before i went vegetarian they were three days and now there about 7. well in October I got a period around the 12th.( they have been very irregular for the last 3 months so I'm having a hard time keeping up with when they start and end when I went vegetarian 3 months ago I wasn't having sex so the spotting is very new) it lasted maybe a week. Few days went by and I began spotting and I've been spotting for about 4 or 5 days now pink and brown TMI. not even enough for a pad or anything. I didn't need to get any usual symptoms with the sore breasts. I did start cramping last night on my lower right side today it's been more so on my lower left side. I just don't understand what's going on and I wonder if it has anything to do with me becoming vegetarian, pregnancy thing, or something even more serious.

1 Answer • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

Hi, I hope this helps. Isn’t my personal experience but a friend of mine who was TTC at the same time as me decided to go vegetarian, and was told by her gp that there is a possible link between vegetarianism/veganism and low progesterone... and low progesterone is known to potentially cause spotting and abnormal periods. But it’s important you goto your GP to get checked out just incase x

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo