Community post

Discussion

Pregnancy test confusion!

I took a pregnancy test earlier, straight away the first line appeared, it was thick and pink and then the control line appeared, couple of minutes later the first line disappeared, does anyone know if that is a positive or negative. I'll probably retest tomorrow morning. Any ideas or experience with this would be appreciated.

Mummy to Aliza ♥? 09/06/2017 Henry 05/02/2020

5 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 5 of 5 Replies

If it disappears by the time you are supposed to read the test (normally 2-3 mins) I would say it was a negative.

5 years ago

It did stay for at least 2 minutes and then disappeared. I'll take it as a negative and retest tomorrow, thank you for your reply.

5 years ago • Post starter

Good luck! I hope you get an amazing solid linetomorrow! !

5 years ago

That happened to me a few days ago. Not sure how long the line stayed for though because I walked away and came back 5 minutes later and it was completely gone. It ended up being negative. All my other tests were BFNs and AF came today :(. Hope you have better luck though!

5 years ago

Thank you! Ah it's frustrating isn't it? I'd rather it be a negative then a line that dissapears. I have tested today but BFN, I am not sure when to test next as I don't know where I am in my cycle, not had a period since I found out I was pregnant, that was 2016. It's been exactly one month today I had the nexaplanon removed. Thanks again ladies, I'll test in a couple of days.

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo