Community post

Question

Veganism and fertility

I've recently become vegan (a month or so) and started my period on the 23rd. After only 4 days, AF is gone.

According to my trackers, I'm supposed to be fertile the 30th-5th, after a 7 day period.

How would this affect my fertility/fertile period and ovulation for this month?

1 Answer • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 1 of 1 Answers

The actual length of your period doesn't impact when you ovulate. Every woman's cycle is different and can change each month. However, one typically ovulates 12 to 15 days (the luteal phase) before their next period. The follicular phase (time from your first period to ovulation) can vary greatly. Ovulation can be consistently on the same cd or can change based on many factors like stress or illness.

If you've been using your trackers for enough cycles they are predicting your fertile days/ovulation based on your historic data. I used trackers, but I also used the information that I was putting into the trackers daily to see if they lined up with real life. If my tracker said I should be fertile but my CM clearly wasn't fertile, then I would go based on the CM.

If you're asking if being a vegan impacts your fertility, you may want to talk to a nutrionist. I'm not full vegan, but I have food allergies that severly limit what I can eat and therefore most of my meals are vegan. I've always been told that as long as I'm eating a healthy complete diet- fruits, veggies, protiens... and not just choosing to replace foods with carbs then there was no difference to my fertility. In fact eating more fruits and veggies and raising my vitamin and mineral contents should help with fertility.

Apologies if I just told you a bunch of information you already know, wanted to make sure I answered your question.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo