Community post

Journal

On to cycle 22

View Full Post

So, we have been trying to conceive our second child since january 2017, with mostly bad luck. When I look back at my cycles, one thing that strikes me are all the times I have seen a faint line turn negative within a few days. I don't know if they are "true" chemical pregnancies, or sometimes faulty tests. What almost everyone of my chemical pregnancies have in common, is the fact that the hcg rarely seems to get higher than around 25 for me. And my cycles turn to normal right away, as if nothing happened. I have been in contact with the fertility clinic and they wouldn't help me. The doctor told me outright that chemical pregnancies are nothing to be concerned about or cry over. She said that I'm still young and the odds are good - I will get pregnant eventually. Not exactly what you want to hear when you're wondering if somethings wrong with you. I understand that chemical pregnancies are normal, but I have a hard time believing that it's normal to have many of them and nothing's wrong.

Well, enough about that depressing subject. Now I want to focus on this new cycle. I'm still gonna temp and this will be my second cycle with maca. Last cycle I tried the raw powder. Not only did it taste really bad, I got really gassy because of it. This time I'm switching to capsules, which I hope will work better for me. So fingers crossed we will have better luck this time.

User image

43 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

Comments (sorted by likes)

41 - 43 of 43 Comments

Another pic

user submitted image

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

I give up.. Barely a shadow today and I'm 12 dpo now. I've stopped temping too, since I have trouble sleeping righ now due to my fibromyalgia. I'm gonna take a week off from maca too, since it's recommended to take a week of after using it for 3 weeks (or 1 month of after using it for 3 months). Thinking of skipping bbt next cycle, since I don't sleep well. One less thing to disturb my sleep.

user submitted image

User image

Have been spotting for 2 days and today my af cramps have arrived, so I know the witch will arrive too. So on to the next cycle, I guess.

A fellow TTC:er suggested that my immune system could be the reason I tend to get chemical pregnancies. Since I both have allergies and fibromyalgia, that's a possibility. So I'm gonna look in to that some more and hopefully be able to get that looked at by a private clinic next year.

User image

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo