Community post

Journal

On to cycle 22

So, we have been trying to conceive our second child since january 2017, with mostly bad luck. When I look back at my cycles, one thing that strikes me are all the times I have seen a faint line turn negative within a few days. I don't know if they are "true" chemical pregnancies, or sometimes faulty tests. What almost everyone of my chemical pregnancies have in common, is the fact that the hcg rarely seems to get higher than around 25 for me. And my cycles turn to normal right away, as if nothing happened. I have been in contact with the fertility clinic and they wouldn't help me. The doctor told me outright that chemical pregnancies are nothing to be concerned about or cry over. She said that I'm still young and the odds are good - I will get pregnant eventually. Not exactly what you want to hear when you're wondering if somethings wrong with you. I understand that chemical pregnancies are normal, but I have a hard time believing that it's normal to have many of them and nothing's wrong.

Well, enough about that depressing subject. Now I want to focus on this new cycle. I'm still gonna temp and this will be my second cycle with maca. Last cycle I tried the raw powder. Not only did it taste really bad, I got really gassy because of it. This time I'm switching to capsules, which I hope will work better for me. So fingers crossed we will have better luck this time.

User image

43 Comments • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 43 Comments | Last Page

What all have u tried besides maca?

5 years ago • Edited

@dakotagurrl - I've tried roseroot, borago and primrose oil so far.

User image

5 years ago • Post starter

Good luck! =))

5 years ago • Edited

CD 4 and I usually still have light bleeding, but this time I'm only spotting. I guess it's because af normally starts in the afternoon or evening, but this time I woke up to it. Well, I'm not complaining. The maca tablets i ordered came yesterday, so I've started taking those (about 1500 mg).

User image

CD 9 and I've started having some very mild ovulation pain and eggwhite cm. Last cycle was my first using maca and it delayed my ovulation. Hopefully it doesn't do so this time and I'll ovulate within a week. My husband has been out of town for work since monday, so I'm waiting for him to be home on saturday. Then the fun begins.

user submitted image

User image

My new ovulation tests arrived. It remains to be seen how well they work. But the digital ones usually works better for me, since the strips tends to miss my peak.

user submitted image

User image

CD 12 and I have now tried the Eveline ovulation test for 3 days. I like how they thought when they made these. The app worked just fine since I started using it (around cd 1), but now it doesn't anymore. It constantly wants me to edit my period dates and it shows up no matter what I do. It seems to be reading the sticks incorrectly too. CD 10 and 11 it gave me a low reading, and that I can agree with since they were of medium strenght. But it still gives me a low reading and the stick is almost positive. So I think I will continue to read them manually.

On a positive note, it seems like ovulation might occur a few days early. It remains to be seen when the opk turns positive and my bbt confirms ovulation.

user submitted image

User image

Cd 13 and I got this around 09:30! Looks like earlier ovulation after all. Finger crossed the maca root is doing it's magic this time.

user submitted image

User image

Fingers crossed for you hun! Did the digital reader give you a high or peak fertility with this reading?

5 years ago

@FlamingoGirl13 - It actually gave me a high reading with this. Took another one in the evening and finally got a peak.

user submitted image

User image

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo