Community post

Discussion

which brand and why?

For someone who always seems to get the vvvvfl on tests, id like to hear your opinions on tests and the brands that worked best for you.

6 Replies • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 6 of 6 Replies

For me I really just stay away from blue dye tests. They almost always give me a blue evap second line even with in time frame. Same with first signal tests. I find my favorites are first response early result. I'll get BFP at 9dpo and I've never had an evap on one though I'm sure it happens.

User image

5 years ago

In order of importance (for me), OSOM and either easy@home or Wondfo, they're tied...whichever is cheapest wins that purchase lol!

5 years ago

I also stayed away from blue dye tests. When I was not pregnant, I always seemed to get these evap lines that clearly looked positive. They got my hopes up way too many times. On the other hand, when I was confirmed pregnant and bought blue dye tests to see if my HCG levels were rising, I got NO second line, when a beta showed my levels at 81 the same day. I would say it was a fluke, but I used a second blue dye test when my beta hcg was 181 and again got a vvvvvfl that then disapeared before even 10 mins were up. This obviously was needlessly upsetting to see while I waited for these lab results to come in.

On the other hand, I love FRER. I had more evap lines within 10 mins than normal in the last few years, which is a shame. However, I've had tests show clear positives at 5 beta HCG. How insane is that? It definitely tells you first, which is awesome, especially if you just can't wait to know! For that reason though, they're not longer my favorite. After experiencing a chemical pregancy and then an early loss at 6.5 wks, I don't think I would want to know when my HCG is only 5 or 10, or even 20 anymore.

I think if I were still TTC that I would use wondfo or clinical guard tests. They're inexpensive so you can test a bunch if you're excited or just want to watch your hcg rise. They also are not as senstive as the other tests so you have to be further along to actually get a BFP. I see the wisdom in that now. Also they're a little better on the environment because they use less plastic and material and no batteries like in digitals.

Of course a digital is always nice for that picture to go in the baby book :)

5 years ago

I'm probably going to stand alone on this one...but I like clearblue. I havent had evaps with them, although I have with the equate and ept blue dye test.

I use to love frer, but after days of carrying around test staring at indent lines I'm growing irritated with them. Plus I do agree with ladymae, having them detect so early and then have an early loss was more devastating then I thought it would

5 years ago

I used the Clinic Guard test last cycle and never got a shadow of a line no matter how much I looked or how hard I stared! I took about 10 of them total between last cycle and this cycle (just started testing at 8 dpo - I know, too early! -) and never got an evap or any sort of line. I did see a line tonight for about 10 seconds as the dye was running through the test window but it completely disappeared shortly after.

5 years ago

Seems everyone likes those wondfos or fref, i have used clearblue, and equate which i got positives with those brands. I havent had much luck with pink dyes, however i think im going to get a first response and see. As af was supposed to show up and she has yet to come.

5 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo