Community post

Question

SPOTTING

Hi ladies~ I am 6 weeks pregnant today and experiencing very light spotting. Only when I wipe and only about once per day for the last two days. Is anyone going through or have experienced something similar? I had a miscarriage last year so I don';t want to start getting nervous!

9 Answers • 5 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 9 of 9 Answers

I want to start by saying that spotting can be completely normal!

That being said, you should call your provider. Most likely they'll test your hcg levels over a few days to see if they're rising and at 6 weeks they might do an US as you should be able to see the yolks sac and maybe fetal pole depending on your hcg numbers.

Until you see a provider there is no way to know for sure what is going on.

I'm so sorry for your previous loss. I just lost my pregnancy last week at 6.5 weeks. I spotted a few minutes a day about every other day for about 2 weeks beforehand. It was so stressful and painful not knowing what was going on. I hope a quick call to your provider will give you some reassurance.

5 years ago

I had spotting that started around (I wanna say) 7-8wks, with my third. It carried on fairly light til around 10wks, then I had a massive bleedout. I ended up going to the ER, they found a large subchorionic hemorrhage. It continued to bleed til 14wks then not another drop after.
With my fourth, I started red spotting at 5wks exactly. That carried on alternating between red, bright cherry red and brown for a few weeks, had a fairly big bleed, then it all stopped as fast as it started. They never found a cause for that.

Bleeding is very iffy and very much a wait 'n' see kind of thing. Try to stay positive about it and don't overexert urself. Blood doesn't always mean something horrible.

Good luck and Congrats! =))

5 years ago

Thank you both so much. I’m so sorry for your loss LadyMae. I know how painful it is :(

5 years ago • Post starter

Thank you.

5 years ago

I had spotting at 11 weeks with my second and they did an ultrasound to make sure but everything was fine. I also had light bleeding at about 15 weeks with my first and that was due to an transvaginal ultrasound I had had a couple of days prior (your cervix is more sensitive during pregnancy so intercourse can cause some light spotting too)

5 years ago

I never had any kind of spotting or bleeding with my first or second so after I did with my 3rd and that ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks I’m paranoid. I’m trying to stay positive. Hopefully they get me in for an ultrasound tomorrow so I get some answers .

We are here to support you. I hope that you get some answers this week.

5 years ago

I had an ultrasound today. She saw a nice gestational sac and a tiny yolk sac. Put me at 5 weeks 4 days so no heartbeat yet. She said everything looks good, cervix, ovaries, everything. Now I’m wiping red with tiny clots of red tissue. I cannot believe this is going to turn out ok. I’m terrified this is the start of another miscarriage and I know this is my last chance to have another. I’m so scared.

I'm so sorry to hear that the bleeding is worse. I truly empathize with your pain and your terror.

Did your doctor give you a plan for going forward? Are they doing labs or another scan in the future?

Bleeding can be worse after an internal ultrasound too.

5 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo